2

----

Mom

I forgot to pack you lunch today. I'm very sorry

Yoongi
It's okay mom. I'll buy something from canteen.

》 Mom
Have a good day at uni, try not to catch fights. Make some friends. You can't be alone the whole life

Yoongi 《
Yes okay mom I'll see. You take care of yourself and please take your medicines on time. Timings exist for a reason and I don't want to remind you that everyday. I love you

》 Mom
I love you too my love. I'll take the medicine because my son says so. Stay safe for your mom

I only got you

Yoongi 《
You too. Bye!

----

"Bye!" his eyes stared at the bright cellphone screen after the last text from his mother flashed on it. He didn't talk to anyone except one person there. After the brief conversation with his mother, he honestly felt lonely and he wouldn't have minded a chat with a random person. he hoped for one too but no one came. everyone was busy doing their own things or hanging out with their own friends. they didn't befriend yoongi maybe because he felt intimidating to them. they couldn't be blamed. he himself admits that he maybe was too scary to be approached. it was proven once when he heard one of the students talk about how afraid they were to ask him to lend a pen.

"I'd better not note anything for a day than to ask him for a pen. I dont know man, that dude seems cold" was everything he could hear from what was being discussed. and he didn't blame them but himself for all this that happened to him. his cold and dry nature prevented him from having any friends neither at school nor here. he understood all these and he did not want to bother anyone by an annoying "hi". So he distanced.
But he never understood a certain person, a certain black haired emo looking boy who would never leave his side even if offered a million dollars. he sticked to him like a sticker, a stubborn boy like him shared tiffin only with him, not just that he would always reserve the best pieces of chicken for him to eat and that was never not the source of joy to yoongi. he could not resist but show the most beautiful feature of his face - the smile. according to the other boy, there was nothing on this planet that was more gorgeous or more healing than yoongi's smile. although yoongi would say the opposite, his friend made a point to always appreciate him and compliment him for little things. he knew yoongi wasn't a socialite like him but he never mocked him for having less friends. he'd party with the other guys all day but at the end of the day he made sure to present yoongi with his favorite chicken and his company. they were best friends

canteen was really noisy that day. yoongi was nearly complete with one verse of a song when he felt a masculine hand clap on his left shoulder. he instantly knew who it was. he turned back to see but the other guy was quick enough to jump on to the chair across the table. he looked forward and saw the chicken supplier.

"So you came. I thought you were absent today" the older hummed not paying much attention to the younger one. he took a bite of yoongi's sandwich and immediately started to cough.
"Oh my godd WTF is this, this taste like poop. How do you even eat this?" yoongi too had the same question but he had to eat what he could get, he wasn't a richman like his friend. his father only paid the schooling fees, that's it. no pocket moneys. nothing.

"it isn't that bad" yoongi let out a soft smile seeing his childish friend. "and it doesn't matter, my appetite isn't that great too"
"still... you shouldn't eat this kind of food, it's even bad quality" the younger cooed.
"where were you the whole day?? I didn't see you anywhere" the person in the opposite went quite and started eyeing the wack sandwich. his mouth were plastered shut.

"JEON JUNGKOOK WHERE WERE YOU THE WHOLE DAY?"

"HE WAS HIDING IN THE WASHROOM BECAUSE GUESS WHO GOT REJECTED RIGHT IN THE FACE" "me" everyone was looking at them by now. it was a very embarrassing sight.
"oh" yoongi gestured his overhyped friend to take a seat

"OH? doesn't this matter to you? your boy just got rejected right in the face. Don't you wanna fight for your best friend? ISTG you are cold bro.." the younger took a seat and sighed, signaling that he was deeply hurt.

"Fight who? The girl who didn't accept your proposal? I can't do that, it's obvious she doesn't like you the way you like her. and you should respect her decisions. you should support her, even if you can't be with her romantically be there with her as her friend. if you ever loved her truly, you can do it. get over her and try to talk to her. if you don't talk things will remain awkward between you. just talk it out and help each other. don't expect much but never completely lose all hope. DON'T creep her out tho, just be normal. she'll understand you. I end my Ted Talk here."
jungkook was listening like a devotee. the older's pearls of wisdom were pretty rare to be found on earth.

"but you know it isn't as easy as you say, I've liked her from the very start of the term. you said I shouldn't keep it inside me so I confessed to her, just to get rejected at the end. even if I say to myself that I'm not hurt but no I'm hurt like hell. and I wanna cry."

"you can't do anything. you can't force the other person to like you back, can you? I don't think so. I think what will be clever to do now is to let go of her, I know it hurts and it will hurt even more. It's all process. and you can cry all you want but make sure you don't burden your heart with any hidden pain. that's not an intelligent move at all. let it all out. tell everything you feel to a person who's close and trustworthy to you. if you don't find someone like that then just tell all these to your phone. trust me there is someone for everyone on this earth. you won't be alone forever. my best friend will get the best soulmate ever, just you wait"

This boy makes me talk so much. I hope he understood what I wanted to say.

"Bro.." jungkook's low register entered the chat

yoongi let out lazy "hmm" as his mind was again drowned in thought. somehow he couldn't think of the last line of the verse that he has been writing since start of break. normally he'd finish writing at least two songs in this timespan. but he was now distracted. he couldn't find the right ending of the verse, most important line of the song.

"you say no one stays alone, but why are you always alone?"

Right. why am I alone? why do I believe no one stays alone when I myself exist to contradict what I say?

"maybe I'm born that way. do you see when it rains? when it rains, the raindrops that fall on the dry ground, you see them fall together. but what we fail to see is each raindrop is alone from the start and come down on earth together. but actually they are lonely. they come lonely. they die lonely." the younger was looking at the older with confused eyes. he expected yoongi to talk some more but he went silent right after that.

jungkook could not understand the whole of what yoongi said right now. he could comprehend only some parts, his friend was always like this and sometimes he used to say some very deep things which even he could not understand. but he did not know why he behaved like this. he didn't like to see him this way. he would never forcefully know it, he believed that someday yoongi would himself tell him all this. so he wanted to give this gloomy friend of his the most exuberance that he could offer. he valued his friend the most in this world.

jungkook's fingers went to touch the knuckles of his hand. the touch was soft and it felt safe. keeping the pen aside yoongi covered jungkook's hand with his less warm palm. they sat like that for the rest of the time.

"you aren't alone. I'm always here for you"

"I know and I believe in you"

----

a/n jungkook is very cute 🥰