5. It'll be okay

Trying not to look at her body is hard but I respect her. I'm sleeping on the couch tonight letting her have the bed. She needs her sleep. 

***

"AAAAaaaah  PLEASE don't, Please!! NO!" I wake up by screaming and cries going through the whole floor. Those cries go through marrow and bone. I get up running to the bedroom. Maeve is screaming  hitting everything around her, crying. She's having a nightmare. She's been having them for the past week she was here.

I take a grip on her hands holding her against me until she wakes up. "Maeve, Maeve you have to  wake up. Maeve!" I yell hoping she's going to wake up and she does. She looks around drastically before her eyes land on me. "Michael?" she hesitantly asks. "Yes it's me" Her sobbing breaks out again. "It's okay Maeve, it's not real" "Except... for the fact it is Michael" she says between sobs. My heart breaks at her words because I know it is. It is true... She falls limp in my arms holding my shirt while I rub her back and whisper comforting words in her ear shell. "You're so strong Maeve, you're so strong..."

She has gotten a little more comfortable around me, she's still scared. She craves touch and love but yet she flinches every time somebody is close enough. Behind every flinch is a fear or anxiety that she has to walk through. But not alone anymore, now she has me...

Slowly  but surely she falls back asleep but this time my arms are draped around her. Soft and gently trying not to hurt my little angel. I wipe her tears one last time before drifting off to  sleep myself.

***

This morning I woke up with the best sleep I've had in years. But today I have to work  for the gang so as soon as she wakes up I'll have to tell her.

***

Ten minutes later Maeve comes out of the room her hair still wet so she must have taken a shower.

"Good morning little one" I say as I turn around the kitchen. "Morning" she says standing in the middle of the room. "Come on do whatever you want, I've told you before and I'll tell you again. You don't have to do what another person says, you do whatever you want love" I say leaning over the counter.

She blushes by the nickname, God she's cute. she truly deserves the world. 

After telling her I have to  work today and telling her I'll call her and that she can call me as well I left. 

***

Maeve's  POV

After Michael left I decided to clean this big place. After all why else am I here? When I was cleaning the kitchen counter I heard some strange noise. My breath immediately got caught in my throat. Three beautiful girls stood there  with a sinister smile on their faces.

"So you must be that filthy slut who took my man eh" One of them said with venom laced  in her voice. That's not very nice. "And now he doesn't wants to fuck me anymore, you bitch". One of the other girls came forward: "Let's teach you a little lesson". 

That doesn't sound very nice. I've heard that sentence a lot before...

Now the other girl steps forward taking my arms behind my back hurting my unhealed ribs. One girl takes  out a bucket with ice water and throws it over my head. It's freezing, my body starts shaking from the cold. "This will  teach you a little lesson for taking my man, SLUT!" The first girl yells. She punches me in the ribs as I scream out in pain. Until I hear running coming from far away.

"WHAT THE  ACTUAL FUCK!" I flinch from the loud voice. As I look up again I see Michael standing there in his suit with his hair all ruffled. "Oh hey Michael"  The first girl tries to seductively walk to Michael and puts her hand on his chest moving up and down. Michael pushes her on the ground. "You fucking bitch Bethany, you'll pay for this! How dare you!!" Michael yells before coming my way so of course I shrink in one. The girls drop me  on the floor and I whimper from the pain. I put my arms around my body for the comfort I don't get. To say Michael is  pissed  is a little underestimated. He's raging. I'm already scared of the consequences. 

My slow breaths got faster and more rigid, my legs shake and my palms are sweaty. Black  spots appear in my vision. I hear a male voice saying things to me and  taking me in his arms. I wince by the sudden contact. I lifted off the floor and put on a soft material. 

After a while my breaths get more even I'm being rocked like a little baby. Until I hear his voice again. "Maeve It'll be okay...". "I'm sorry" I mumble while my last tear glides over my red cheek. "Don't be sorry Maeve"  Michael  says striking his thumb over my cheek to wipe away my last tears. "This isn't your fault Maeve. You hear me, this is not your fault". I try to move but wince as  a sharp pain erupts from my ribs. "Can I look?" A soft but deep voice  from behind me asks. My nod is barely visible but seen by the one who pays attention. He gets up from behind me and helps me lay down. With his gentle touch my shirt gets lifted t'ill under my bra.

"I'm going to touch the bruised ereas, okay?" he asks. I nod once again. I want to scream out in pain but bite my lip to resist it. "Don't do that" Michael says taking my lip from between my teeth. "If you want to scream, scream. If you want to cry, cry. But don't bite those precious lips of yours Maeve" Michael says with sincerity. "I'm getting some ice and then we can watch a movie together. And trust me when I say those girls will never be able to hurt such a honest, beautiful woman like you" An involuntary tear slips out of my eye precisely when I thought I had no tears left to shed. 

As Michael comes back he sees my tear.  "what's wrong Maeve?" I shake my head. "Maeve tell me" "You care so much" I mutter. "Yes, what about it Maeve?" He whispers. "I don't know,  i'm just not used to it" I muter again. "well you better get used to it cause from now on you will always have someone who cares for you. But for now we can just watch a movie together" he's says with a big smile plastered on his face...