fourteen

divorced father of three
offline

ju haknyeon
you mf
take off the cover on the
cameras rn before i march
to your damn house

ju haknyeon
and also are you ok
i saw you liked his post
and i figured no one rly
checked in on you yet

ju haknyeon
oldie??
fossil???
sangyeon????
LEE SANGYEON

ju haknyeon
HELLO????
DUDE???

ju haknyeon
dont pull this shit on me
please

ju haknyeon
wtf im coming over

✧˖*°࿐

sangyeon let out a sigh as he stared at himself in the mirror, running a hand through his hair before entering the bathtub that he had filled with bubbles.

as he leaned his head back against the tub, he closed his eyes, swallowing his own saliva as he tried to rid himself of the memory.

of course he knew hyunjae was allowed to hang out with whoever he pleased and of course he wanted him to be happy always but knowing those things didn't protect his heart from shattering when he saw that damn post.

he let out another sigh, sinking his body further into the water and allowing for its warmth to soothe him but finding that the only place he truly felt at ease in was in hyunjae's arms.

"stop doing that sangyeon," he whispered, eyes still shut as he patted his forehead.

he felt a lump in his throat that refused to go away regardless of how much he tried to force it down. and yet, no tears fell, all his emotions draining him yet unable to truly show even though he was well alone.

alone.

he knew that that was what he had to be until he sorted all his cases out, each one steadily dealing with more dangerous individuals than the one before.

alone.

he had to be accustomed to it but just because he knew that fact didn't make it any easier.

alone.

he shut his eyes tightly before submerging himself under the water, his head fully covered by the bubbles that floated above the surface as he counted in his head how long before he started gasping for air.

alon-

"hi! i'm lee jaehyun but i go by hyunjae and i'm really glad to be here!"

he rose abruptly, his breathing heavy and shaky as he sat upright in the bath, remembering the first time he met hyunjae.

he was just a junior in school and like most people in his life, sangyeon expected himself to smile and move on, never truly forming a connection but making yet another acquaintance.

but when their eyes first met and he gave him that damned smile, sangyeon knew that he had fallen (despite how cliche it seemed).

and just his luck, the boy he wanted to get to know better enjoyed making new friends, easily starting conversations until one fine day, hyunjae blurted out three words sangyeon had never heard from anyone before.

"i like you."

it was a simple confession and yet, it was a memory that stayed ingrained in his head.

"i like you lots lee sangyeon."

he remembered how cold that night had been but along with that, he felt how warm his cheeks had gotten, the entire world seemingly watching them interact and fading into the background despite its hustle and bustle.

he remembered feeling as though that was the best moment in his life with how hyunjae looked at him as if he was his entire world and with how the night sky was beautifully decorated with stars as if the universe itself knew to celebrate those simple words.

and, for the first time, back then he realised that being alone wasn't what he wanted no matter how much he had deluded himself into thinking that.

yet, there he was — alone again.

✧˖*°࿐

ju haknyeon
online

divorced father of three
sorry sorry, i was in the
bath and didn't bring my
phone in.

divorced father of three
are you still heading here?

ju haknyeon
dont do that again
please
you already know that i cant
take that kind of stuff

ju haknyeon
it scares me not knowing
so please dont do that again

divorced father of three
i know.
i'm sorry that i forgot it for
a moment.

ju haknyeon
and i got stuck in traffic so
ig ill just alight and take the
other bus to go home

ju haknyeon
but youre okay right?

divorced father of three
i feel like i should be asking
you that.

ju haknyeon
im alright
i was just a little shaken is
all ig but its okay now

ju haknyeon
but back to you,
are you okay? because if
you arent, im sure you can
msg hyunjae before this
spirals out of control

divorced father of three
don't worry haknyeon.
i'm used to being alone.

✧˖*°࿐

author's note:
imagine thinking hak is just a hacker for funsies 🧍‍♂️

i haven't been feeling the best lately but today was rly not a good day so if youve sent me msgs on any platform, i apologise for not yet responding ;-; ill try my best to do so soon :D

anyways, hows everyone doing? i hope everyone is doing well! <3