𝖎𝖎. goodbye, privet drive

ii

ii. goodbye, privet drive

 BY TWELVE O'CLOCK the next day, Evie had everything packed

BY TWELVE O'CLOCK the next day, Evie had everything packed. And she meant everything. From her school materials and her clothes to every single drawing she had done throughout her childhood. All her most prized possessions were inside her trunk, even those that weren't as prized too. Something about seeing the bedroom she had spent her whole life in completely bare, left a strange feeling in her chest, but she shook it off. It'd been decided for a year, and she couldn't back down now.

      As soon as she was done staring at the empty room, she popped by Harry's, lingering on his doorway for a couple of seconds. She silently watched him as he took down the calendar on his wall and put it in his trunk.

      "Oh, " he said, once he turned around and saw her, startled. "Morning. You've already packed?"

      She nodded in response, letting her eyes fly across every inch of the boy's room. She could see schoolbooks from earlier years lying on top of his wardrobe, which had a drawing of his owl taped to it. Posters of the Gryffindor emblem were also hanging by the bedroom walls, along with quidditch pamphlets of past seasons.

      "You should put everything in your trunk," she finally said.

      Harry blinked at her.

      "What do you mean? I already did. That, " he pointed at the calendar he had just put away, "was the only thing left."

      Evie shook her head and pointed at Hedwig's drawing.

      "No, I mean everything, " she explained, emphasising the last word. "Even the pictures you have on your bedside and that box of letters you keep under the floor, everything."

      Her cousin stared at her for a couple of seconds, looking dumbfounded, no doubt startled at the fact that she knew about his letter stash — just because she had a similar one.

      "How do you know about—" he started, confirming Evie's thoughts, and bringing a smirk to her face. "Doesn't matter. But why? It's not as if we won't be here next summer."