Dusting and Beginnings

He calmly walked back to the place he once feared. He knew that only abuse and ridicule awaited him back "home". He walked back down the stairs he just ran away from and knocked on the door.

Evan's tall and muscular figure nearly took up the whole door frame, his head reaching a bit above the top of the frame.

"A part of me had a feeling you would come back," Evan said, moving a bit to let the small man come through. He walked inside, mustering as much courage as he could and said:

"M-My name's Dwight," he said shakily. "And I want to thank y-you for helping me out today... er, last night! Th-The sun's coming up..." he trailed off pointing back towards the open door. Dwight's face turned a bright pink out of embarrassment. Evan gave a small chuckle followed by a small smile.

"Well, Dwight," he said  while closing the door. "You don't have to be so formal, or so nervous. If I were going to hurt you, would I not have done that already?"

"I-I didn't say-"

"You didn't have to. It's okay. I can tell how nervous you are - and I don't blame you." Dwight began to relax a bit as Evan clearly showed his understanding. "I absolutely despise the entity." Evan continued to speak, a bit off topic. Evan's voice began to lower and grow stern. "I have killed before with my father but that my choice completely. I don't like being told who to kill." His voice grew angrier with every word. His large, callused hand gripped tightly at the door handle he still hadn't let go of. The door creaked under Evan's strength and rage, the small noises covering Dwight's even quieter whimpers - his mind starting to race and his legs beginning to tremble.

"Y-You've killed people before?" Dwight stuttered fearfully, backing away from Evan, further into the humble abode.

"Yes that's why the idiot entity chose me to be one of his 'mindless' servants." Evan's dark eyes seemed to glow with fiery rage as thoughts of the entity flooded his mind. "If I ever get out of this fucking fog I swear-"

"Evan..." Dwight said softly and nervously.

Evan almost instantly snapped out of his fit. Blushing upon hearing his name, he turned around and saw the horribly frightened Dwight backed up against the grey, concrete wall. A wave of guilt and sadness rushed over Evan as he looked at his cowering companion. Taking a deep breath in and letting it out with a loud huff, Evan walked over to the kitchen area, grabbing an old rag and cleaning spray. Calmly and quietly.

Dwight watched him curiously as the large Evan began to clean the kitchen table. He had to stifle a small chuckle seeing how the large, muscular Evan contrasted with the dainty domestic chores. Although most of the house was dusty and dirty, Dwight could tell Evan took care of his favourite spot in the house.

Dwight slowly stood up and made his short way over to Evan's bed. Sitting down at the very edge, he watched Evan scrub down the entire table. To Evan, this cleaning was a way to relax. It was almost like free therapy.

Cleaning always helped him calm down but never got rid of his temper. But now, he needed to do it more. Now that he had a new companion, controlling his temper and rage would be more important than ever.

He looked up at Dwight, seeing him across the small distance of the "house". Evan smiled at him, not only to give Dwight comfort, but, to also remind himself to be as kind as he can. Dwight, although still a bit on edge, happily returned the smile. Evan finished cleaning off the once half-dusty table and stood back a bit to ensure he didn't miss a single spot. Like an artist stepping away from their easel, Evan wanted to make sure his own work was pristine.

"Dwight," he said, turning his gaze towards his small companion on the bed. Light pink crept across Dwight's face upon hearing the sudden attention he was being given.