Four

A month-and-a-half later...

I was glad that the tour was finally over. It's been nice to be at Andy's place for the last week. We've pretty much been all over one another since we got back from the tour, and I was loving every minute of it. It's a pretty big place, something that Andy mentioned would be perfect if we decided to expand our family. I told him that he was thinking a bit far ahead, but it was really only halfhearted. I already knew that we would be together for a long time, but I hadn't decided yet if I even wanted to have kids. I didn't want to rush into something as important and life-changing as becoming a mother. After all, I was only 21. I was a headstrong young woman who was madly in love with a rock star. Still, I was in for a huge surprise the week of Thanksgiving.

"Hey babe, can I talk to you for a minute?" Andy asked me. "Sure baby. What's up?" I asked him, walking into the room and sitting down in his lap. "I was thinking we could go out to Ohio and visit my parents," he said. "Wait. You want me to meet your parents?" I asked him. "If you want to," he said. "It wouldn't hurt. Besides, it'll get that part of our relationship out of the way," I said. "You're right. I didn't even think about that," Andy replied with the smile that had the power to melt my heart. I gave him a quick kiss and got up to water some plants that I had gotten on tour. I didn't realize that Andy had gotten up until I felt his arms around me, and I laid my head back to rest on his chest, closing my eyes. "You look gorgeous, babe," he said, and I smiled at him. "Thanks baby. I'm a little nervous about meeting your parents, though," I said, reopening my eyes. "I understand. I'll be right there beside you the whole time," he said. "That helps me feel a little better," I said, kissing him.

We landed in Cincinnati on Thursday morning and got a rental car to drive to Andy's parents' house. I couldn't stop fidgeting because of how nervous I was. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to say anything by the time we arrived, even with Andy holding my hand as we walked up to the front door. He knocked on the door, which opened a few moments later, revealing a woman with a rather kind smile on her face. If I had to guess, I would say that she was in her late 40s. We walked inside, where she introduced herself to me as Amy, and her husband's name was Chris. I'm going to really enjoy this, I thought to myself with a smile. Before I got the chance to introduce myself, Andy introduced me to his parents as his girlfriend. "I think you've found a real keeper there, son," Chris said, walking up beside Andy, making the latter jump in surprise, which made me giggle. "Yeah. I think Rayvyn and I are going to be together for a long time," Andy replied, winking at me. "I agree. I swear, I was just thinking that exact thing a few days ago. He must've read my mind," I said, winking back at Andy. "By the way, you didn't say what your girlfriend's last name is," Amy told Andy. "Oh. Her last name's Reznor," he replied. "I see. Well, whatever may happen, don't you let each other go, okay? I'd hate to see the results of you two splitting up," Amy said. "I have no intention of letting go of him. I think he's my soulmate, even though we've only been together for about two months now," I said, and Andy smiled. "Personally, I agree with Rayvyn. I think she's my soulmate too," he said.

At lunch, I talked to Andy's parents, trying to get to know my potential future in-laws better, and I found out that the day that Andy and I had bumped into each other, his dad was a short distance behind Andy on his left. I also learned that Andy's love of the iconic rock band KISS came from his father's love of the band. Overall, I discovered that I had a lot in common with Andy's parents, more than I thought that I would.

"Hey Mrs. Biersack, do you know where Andy went?" I asked around mid-afternoon. "I don't know. He just grabbed his keys and left. It was almost like he didn't want to be followed," she said. "Okay. Thanks for telling me," I said, sitting down on the couch to wait for Andy. At one point, I started shivering because I was cold, and before I had a chance to get up, Mrs. Biersack had covered me up with a warm blanket. "Thanks," I murmured, and she smiled. A short time after she covered me up with the blanket, I fell asleep until dinner, missing Andy's return. When I took a closer look at the blanket, I discovered that it had the band's logo on it. "You're welcome to keep that, if you want. We have three more of them," Mrs. Biersack told me, and I was too stunned to respond beyond a nod. I went to put it into my duffle bag, then I returned for dinner. Andy made eye contact with me a few times, smiling each time, so I returned the smiles. I could see in his eyes that he was up to something, but I didn't feel like bringing it up. When it was time for dessert, Andy and his mother began talking very quietly about something involving the pumpkin pie, while I was left to basically sit at the table and smile awkwardly at Andy's dad. Eventually, they served the pie, and we began to eat it. Just a few bites in, however, I nearly broke my teeth on something very solid in my slice of the pie. I cleaned off whatever the solid object was, and I dropped my fork. It was a ring.

I looked up at Andy, who was very clearly faking a shocked look. "I... I don't know what to say..." I said, finding that my voice had deserted me. "You don't have to say anything yet," Andy said, moving over and getting down on one knee beside me. "Rayvyn Rose Reznor, I love you more than I can ever scream. Will you marry me?" He asked, and I started crying tears of joy. "Yes. My answer is yes!" I said with a smile, and Andy took the ring that was sitting on my plate and placed it on my finger. He then pulled me to my feet, and I wasted no time in kissing him deeply. "I can't believe this just happened. How'd my dad react when you told him that you wanted to marry me?" I asked. "Surprisingly calmly. He basically said that as long as we're happy together, he's fine with it," Andy replied. "Huh. That is pretty surprising. Still, I'm glad that he's alright with our relationship," I said, still smiling. "So am I. Still, I'm probably gonna be pretty scared of him for a little while," Andy replied. "That's normal," I said with a chuckle. "I guess that it kinda is, isn't it?" He asked. "Yeah," I said simply, kissing his cheek.

----

Hello again. By the way, I got the line "I love you more than I can ever scream" from the Black Veil Brides song "The Mortician's Daughter", in case anyone was wondering. Until next time!