𝘐𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Well umm....hello there?

I AM BACK BABYYYYY
I'm so SO SORRY for my long absence but guess what? I finally gained some inspiration to write gormiti related content again! :D
Because I'm now in college I'm not quite sure how much I'll be able to write but I'll try to be as active as possible <3

P.s: I posted this one on ao3 as well, if you wanna check it out there too. But because I already have a big following here I decided to post it here as well. I'll be uploading my fanfics on both platforms from now on

Alright! Let's get onto the one-shot!
_____________

Ao-ki never thought her reflection would turn into something she would be afraid to look at.

Such a thing seemed almost ridiculous to her before. Why be so afraid of yourself? Sure, there were those who said looking at the mirror in the morning right after waking up could get a big scare out of them. What a dumb thing to believe in, right?

It was stupid, indeed. But somehow, somehow it got to her. And hard.

Looking at herself became a rather difficult task. The surface that reflected her features didn't matter, could be a mirror, a water puddle, it was irrelevant. What mattered was what she saw there. The distorted, dark image she saw there.

A sickly pale face, paler than her overly light skin.

Glowing purple eyes, no hint of white sclera at sight. Dark, emotionless, empty.

And on her forehead, shining just as brightly, as purple as those terrifying eyes. The darkan symbol.

Wherever she looked, wherever she was she felt her presence. Her dark self, looking straight at her, piercing her with that dead gaze, as if wanting to drag her back to the dark prison she saw herself in once in her corruption.

During the day, she simply felt her, deep inside. Wanting to come out, wanting for her to just walk past a mirror so she could show herself.

But at night, during her sleep, no reflecting object was needed. She could see the dark herald walking around in her "dreams", constantly tormenting the poor guardian, reminding her of everything she did during that battle.

"You almost blasted the tower to pieces, remember? Your fortress, your dear companion, reduced to shreds. An interesting vision, don't you think?"

"Do you remember how scared the heralds looked? How ironic, your own heralds, the ones you spent so long trying to protect and guide, being attacked and almost killed by their own guardian."

"They were so scared, terrified by you. Why shouldn't they be? You were gonna hurt them. You were gonna kill them, weren't you? You wanted to do it, admit it. If you didn't, you would have fought against Voidus' orders. But you didn't. You were weak."

Weak, weak, WEAK-

She would go on and on, never shutting up, planting sickening thoughts in her tired head. She couldn't even remember the last time she dreamed of anything else other than this monster. Her simple dreams, normally filled with light and peace were turned into constant nightmares that she couldn't get rid of. Nightmares that made themselves present throughout her day. Constantly stuck in her head.

Why she was addressing this persona as someone completely disconnected from her, she couldn't tell. Maybe to cope? To convince herself she isn't that person?

But that is a lie, she knows. She is that girl, the guardian that turned into a dark herald and almost destroyed everyone and everything she loved. The light gormian that betrayed those on her side, letting herself be consumed by the opposite element. A shame to her own, now apparently extinct kind.