Chapter 2

The room was quiet after your entrance, whether from fear or awe you didn't care. Not while you're on the job.

After taking in Buster Moon's slightly intimidated face with a nod, you glanced over to Calloway who seemed slightly nervous to be here but managed to hold your gaze.

"Mr. Calloway, what an honor to be in your presence. It was quite the spectacle to watch you perform again, I absolutely adored you when I was a child."

Calloway gave a slow nod and said nothing. You would feign offence, but it really was amazing to see the legend in person.

"Oh, me too! We both love Calloway don't we--" Porsha giddily ran up to you and as your little nickname was on the tip of her tongue, you shot her a stern glare. "(M/N)?"

Your face eased into a calmer look as you gave her a small smile. "Who doesn't?" Turning towards the rest of your guests, you briefly locked eyes with the gorilla you met the other day and he visibly flinched.

Frankly, Johnny was a sweet guy. Despite his large build, he wasn't far from being an actual gentleman and can be somewhat endearingly shy. He had an angelic voice, one you're sure you won't tire of hearing. And you would've loved to have done more with him, that is, until you saw him perform at Crystal's theater.

It was a genuinely good performance, one that piqued your interest enough to reach out and hire them. But since the gorilla was in the show, you've decided to forget your initial pursuit because showing bias towards one person over other people who will be working for you will have consequences for your image, along with the fact that having unprofessional relations with a worker was a big negative.

You regret slipping out of your bodyguards' watch that day.

"Buster Moon," Finally, you turned to address the leader of this little group. "discuss your plans and performance set with my coordinator. I liked what you did back then but I know we can and will improve that." You crossed your arms behind your back and raised your muzzle as you looked down at him. "Impress me enough and maybe I'll discuss with Father about performing your shows in his theatres."

Moon nodded, looking a little shaken but you can see the determination in his eyes and remembered that this was the same koala who managed to stand up against Crystal. An admirable feat and deserving of commendation.

You allowed a slight smile as you straightened up further. "Your tenacity will get you far, Moon. But do not cross me or there will be far worse consequences than what happened with Jimmy Crystal."

Moon, along with a few others from his little group, nodded quickly. "We won't disappoint you, sir."

"Make sure you don't. Now," You leaned back to address the rest of them. "you will all be escorted to your accommodations. Have yourselves presentable by seven AM tomorrow for I will be watching your rehearsals. That is all."

With one final glance over them all, lingering on one certain person for a bit, you turned and strode out of the room.

= = =

"Ooh! I'm coming with!" Porsha piped up and ran to catch up with the lion.

Mr. Moon immediately went after her and held his arms out to stop her. "Porsha! I think we should do what Mr. (L/N) says and rest, okay?"

The wolf waved him off with a giggle. "Don't worry, we're besties. Talking with me always makes him less grumpy. So, see ya!" With a hop, she passed over Mr. Moon and slipped out the large double doors.