Chapter 4

Johnny watched (N/N) leave and felt the tension in the room dissipate. It might have been nerves or instinct, the gorilla wasn't sure, but he felt that the lion's gaze lingered on him longer than it should have.

He chanced a glance towards the room (N/N) just left and saw a dark figure stood stiffly while sweeping its gaze over the room. When stern yellow eyes met his, Johnny had to look away from the intensity the glare held.

"Sheesh, big guy, did all my teaching go to waste? Watching you fumble around like that really hurts my pride as a dancer, you know."

Johnny flinched at the voice, making him almost drop the staffs he was holding. "Oh, ah! Sorry, I was, uh... I'm a little bit tired."

"That's the best excuse you've got? C'mon Johnny, why are you so hung up about that guy?" Nooshy heaved a sigh as she grabbed the props from the flustered gorilla. "I mean, yeah, he's rich, talented and looks good, but he obviously has no interest in you. If you really want, I know a couple of guys who definitely would be though."

Johnny rubbed the back of his head as he glanced around to make sure no one was listening. "It's not that, it's just... Look, I'll tell you later, okay?"

Nooshy quirked an eyebrow at him, still unconvinced, but shrugged and tossed back the staffs. "Fine, but no more slacking off, okay?"

Releasing a sigh, the gorilla nodded gratefully before going back to practice, still slightly stiff from the sensation of being watched.

- - -

Johnny stared in amazement at what would be the largest mall he's ever seen. The "Oasis" was an open air shopping mall that held countless shops and extended so far the gorilla couldn't see the other end. It also spanned four stories upwards.

He would've looked on for longer if it weren't for the passing crowd jostling him. Johnny's anxiousness built up when he lost sight of (N/N) and was just about to yell his name out when a paw firmly gripped his hand.

Johnny almost pulled away but the smooth, rich voice from earlier had him calming down.

"Hey, it's alright, it's just me."

Johnny's eyes trailed down his own arm towards their linked hands and up to the lion's face. (N/N) was now sporting aviator glasses and seemed to have partly covered his face with his mane.

"See something you like?"

The gorilla instantly averted his eyes and cleared his throat. "So, uh... Where were we going?"

"Follow me." The lion chuckled as he tugged Johnny's hand and he could almost hear the smirk in (N/N)'s voice when he added; "Don't let go so you won't get lost."

Gosh, Johnny melted.

Fortunately for his dignity, it wasn't long before (N/N) dragged them into a high end clothing shop. Unfortunately for his heart, the racks, shelves and displays held outfits tagged with prices worth more than what Johnny makes a year.

Seeming to sense Johnny's uneasiness, the lion squeezed his hand before letting go. "Don't worry, Mr. Gentleman. I'm not going to make you pay, your company's more than enough to compensate."

With that, (N/N) walked off to browse through the shop's selections while Johnny found a bench to sit down and wait.

Looking around, the gorilla felt out of place surrounded by fancy suits, dresses and rich patrons. He looked down and fiddled with the collar of his shirt when a few people turned their eyes on him.

Johnny was debating on whether to go and wait outside instead when a familiar jacket landed on his lap.

He glanced up to see (N/N) already changed and, from this angle, the lion seemed to be glaring at the other patrons from under his glasses.

"Let's go." (N/N) said tersely before leaving the shop.

Outside, Johnny found the lion facing what looked to be a thrift store across the mall.

"I will forever hate stuffy places like that." (N/N) sighed, before turning towards the gorilla with a small smile. "That repays your debt then, Mr. Gentleman. This was a nice little accident."

The lion seemed to be ready to leave, but Johnny found that he didn't want to part yet. So with sudden confidence, he grabbed the other's paw and led him towards the thrift store.

"Oh, this is bold of you, huh? But you're surprisingly perceptive, I like that."

Johnny looked over his shoulder to the lion he was dragging along to find that (N/N) had pushed his aviators along with the mane covering his face upwards. Bright (E/C) eyes looked back into the gorilla's own dark ones, sending a shudder through his body and the lion's, if the slight tightening of their clasped hands was any indication.

Johnny still relished the sensation even after they let go. Though, he felt the need to apologize for his pushiness.

Looking around the store, Johnny found the lion looking through a rack of randomly hung shirts.

"(N/N), sorry for dragging you li--"

"Hey, look." The lion held up a black shirt designed with a large smiley face in the middle. "Doesn't it look so endearingly... simple? Comfortable as well. Here, feel."

(N/N) grabbed the gorilla's hand to make him feel the texture of the shirt, and yes, it was indeed soft.

But if he was honest, Johnny didn't care much for the shirt and instead focused on the childlike wonder in (N/N)'s voice and eyes. All throughout the time they spent in the little store, the carefree grin never left the lion's lips.

Much more so when Johnny took the smiley shirt and paid for it himself. He held out the bag containing the shirt with a sheepish smile.

"I know this must cost like nothing compared to what you bought earlier but... I just wanted to at least give you something after, you know, spending your time with someone like me."

Johnny didn't dare look at the lion while giving such a cheap gift, and when (N/N) remained quiet, the gorilla began to panic.

"I-I mean... It's not like you have to. What was I thinking? You're clearly able to bu--"

"Hey."

Johnny stopped his rambling and looked up to meet the lion's smiling face.

"I love it. Thank you, Johnny."

- - -

"And, uh... That's what happened."

Johnny could feel his face heating up as he fell backwards onto his bed after recalling what happened during his first encounter with (N/N).

"Wow, okay, I understand now." Nooshy laughed as she stood up on the bed to look down at the gorilla's face. "Alright, it's decided then. I'll help you out, big guy."

Johnny peeked out from where he stuffed his face into a pillow. "Help with what?"

"Get you your man, of course! Oh! Pillow dodge!"

Nooshy laughed harder as she hopped off the bed and walked out of the room, leaving a flustered Johnny behind.

= = =

"I never knew cheap cotton could feel this nice."

You mused out loud as you ran a finger down a certain shirt. The simple black tee looked out of place among the many luxurious clothing within your wardrobe, yet it was the only thing you wanted to wear out of everything.

With a sigh, you pulled the shirt out and headed towards your bed.

- - -

(A/n): ehm... here's the update...

uh... sorry? ehehe..