Chapter 12

a/n:
I made an actual cover now instead of just searching fantasy tree on google and pasting the third image i found onto wattpad :D

"Not your girlfriend, huh?" Casey was standing over me, grinning.

I'd awoken to an aching back from sleeping upright and a sleeping Mumei leaning on me, my arms around her and of course, the three kids standing over us. They for some reason felt the need to rain down petals on us from the flower basket that was supposed to be for Mumei's hair.

"She isn't." I scowled at him, careful not to move and wake Mumei.

Asher snickered. "You should have seen the both of you while you were still asleep."

"What about it?" I demanded from them. It was apparently too much for Joey's eleven-year-old brain to handle, because she had to giggle for a minute before answering;

"Arms around each other, Mumei's head on your shoulder and your head on hers." Joey started giggling uncontrollably again.

My face felt hot, which it's been doing a lot these past few days. Why?!

From somewhere below me, Mumei yawned softly and started to shift her position.

Joey immediately knelt down beside her. "Good morning!"

"Hi." She whispered.

"We can fix your hair now!"

Mumei smiled at her sleepily. "Yay."

She shot me a look that clearly said 'help'

I grinned at her dryly. "Welcome to my world."

As the kids settled down next to Mumei, their flowers ready, I remembered that I had some errands to run. Namely, returning the Baryonyx saddle and getting a Spinosaurus saddle, grabbing scrap metal for Bennett's leg, and asking about basilisks.

I got up and picked up the Baryonyx saddle from within the Pod and shouldered it. "You guys have fun, I'm heading into the village."

First stop, the taming stall.

The woman who manned the station seemed to recognize me, because she waved at me when she saw me arriving. I waved back and placed the saddle onto the counter.

She furrowed her brows at the saddle. "Why're you returning it?"

"Baryonyx died, got a Spinosaurus instead."

"That's delightful!" Her expression lightened, then her eyes widened. "Not the Baryonyx dying, of course! The Spinosaurus was what I meant."

I chuckled a little. "Speaking of the Spino, do you make saddles for those?"

She nodded. "Free of charge, courtesy of Taming Support, unless of course you'd like to modify it."

"Nah, just the saddle, please."

"Okay, it'll take two days at most."

"No problem."

"Give me a sec, I'll go inform the leatherworkers." She exited through a door in the back.

About five minutes passed before she came back.

"They're working on it now." She confirmed.

"Thanks... sorry, what's your name?"

She looked pleasantly surprised, as if most of the conversations she's had with clients were focused on taming and supplies only, strictly no small talk, and I was the first one that even bothered to learn her name in a while. "I'm Lynette, nice to meet you!"