Hatdog

"Wait lang po," Stell called, gently dropping his blanket that he's folding.

It has only been a few days since the year started and Stell, who just got home from Las Piñas, thought about welcoming the year with a clean condo unit. It's almost lunch time and he just finished cleaning the living room and his bathroom, leaving his bed room and kitchen still uncleaned.

"Teka, ito na po, ito na," he answered while giggling as the doorbell rang for the nth time.

Kulit naman ne'to. Sino ba 'to?

"Hello, good morning po—" Stell stopped stared at the man standing in front of him, covering his face with a bouquet of sunflowers.

He slowly moved the bouquet away from his face and Stell saw his boyfriend, smiling widely at him.

"Pau?"

"Good morning, mahal," Paulo greeted as Stell hugged him.

Paulo laughed. He want to hug his boyfriend too but his hands are full for now. "Teka lang, mahal. Baba ko lang 'to," the older said that made Stell peel off of him and let him in.

A hotel-like tune welcomed Paulo as he enters, looking at how a little messy Stell's condo is right now.

"Sorry, mahal. Naglilinis kasi ako eh. Akala ko sa isang linggo ka pa uuwi," Stell explained while scratching the back of his head.

"Ayos lang," Paulo smiled at him. "I just missed you," he added as he hugged him again, tightly this time.

"Missed you too," Stell answered, smiling contently.

They stayed in that position for a while, admiring the relaxing tune on the computer.

"Ang bango mo, mahal," Paulo said as he sniffed Stell's neck.

"Bolero," Stell chuckled as he pushed him away. "Pawis na pawis na nga ako oh."

Paulo pouted. "Mabango pa rin naman."

"Ewan ko sa'yo, Nase," he laughed but the growing pink on his cheeks can't be helped. "Upo ka na lang muna dun sa sala, hmm? Patapos na ako sa kwarto ko. Kitchen na lang pagkatapos."

"Tulungan na kita—"

"Nope, wag na. Higa ka na lang muna sa sofa. Pahinga ka muna, okay?"

"Para mabilis ka na matapos."

"Kaya ko naman. Mas tatagal ako pag nakipagtalo ka pa sakin, naku."

"Okay po~ Nap lang ako," the older said as he kissed his cheeks before heading to the living room.

Stell smiled at how neat his bedroom got after cleaning it. He's able to get rid of almost two boxes of unused items and trash. He looked at the clock and realized it's just time for lunch. He's about to call his boyfriend but he saw him sleeping peacefully at the sofa. He just walked towards him and admired him for a while instead.

Pagod na pagod, he slowly brushed his hair as he kneel in front of him. He looked at Paulo's stuffs and saw his helmet. Pagod sa pagdadrive, haha.

He kissed his forehead before heading to the kitchen.

"Ang dami naman nito," Stell said looking at the foods that Paulo brought. "Spoiled na spoiled naman ako."

He decided to just heat the take outs at the microwave and continue cleaning his kitchen.

He's humming and vibing at the relaxing tune from the living room when it's interrupted and something else played. Stell scrunched his forehead for he doesn't know what song it is.

He just felt electric shots bolted from his waist as his boyfriend snaked his hands at him. He's about to greet him when he sang.

Wala pa bang nagsabi sa'yo
Kung ga'no kaganda ang mata mo?

Paulo started singing along with the music, whispering them directly into his boyfriend's ear.

'Pag sa'kin tumititig na
Nawawala problema ko sa mundo

He held his hands and flipped him over, facing him now.

Hindi ka ba nag-iisip?
Grabe naman ang aking dadanasin

He guided his hands to his shoulders, not breaking their eye contact.

Kung ika'y magpapakipot lang
Pa'no naman ang aking pusong nakalutang

They both laughed a little as Paulo sang that part. Paulo smiled at him as he placed his hands at Stell's waist again.

They swayed their bodies by the rhythm, their cheeks turning pink and eyes full of love and admiration for each other.

"This is a new song that just got aired this year and," he laughed, being embarrassed at the moment so he rest his chin on Stell's shoulder, "the moment I heard it, I badly want to send it to you for you to hear it pero naisip ko, I want to sing it to you personally. Listen carefully, hmm?"

Stell got a little puzzled but nodded nonetheless.

Paulo pulled back a little for their eyes to meet again.

Bakit ba ika'y nagdududa?
Wala namang wala namang iba
'Di ko na kayang humanap pa ng iba
Nung nakita ka na

Stell can't help but to grin after hearing that no matter how hard he tried to keep his timid smile. He jokingly hit Paulo's chest then rest his head on it, hearing his heartbeat same as his.

Kaya 'wag magtaka
Kung iba ang haplos ng aking kamay
Baby, come closer to me
Lumapit ka, please, 'wag kang umalis, yeah

Paulo sang that verse, hugging his boyfriend closer as he brush his hair with his fingers.

Kaya aking sinta, ika'y huminga (ika'y huminga)
'Andito na ako
Matagal ko nang hinahanap 'to (hinahanap 'to)
Ang pusong mong walang katerno

"Hatdog!" Paulo said that made Stell laugh and pull back, the other still holding his hands.

"It's part of the song, okay?" Paulo defended, still laughing.

Walang katerno, oh (walang katerno)

Paulo slowly guided Stell's left hand on his neck as he placed his left hand on his waist again. While their other hands got intertwined as they danced gracefully at the rhythm.

Aking sinta (aking sinta)
Ika'y huminga (ika'y huminga)
'Andito na ako ('andito na ako)
Matagal ko nang hinahanap 'to
Ang pusong walang katerno

Stell would laugh at Paulo's reaction as he sings every now and then, exaggerating it, making the other laugh as well.

Stell rest his head on Paulo's chest again as the music ended, leaving a deep sigh of contentment. "Love you, hatdog ko."

Paulo put his hand on his chin for him to face him. He kissed his lips, making the other feel his longing, contentment, and love that he's feeling right now. "Love you too, Mahal. Ikaw lang palagi, habang buhay."