Chapter 3

IIt has been four months since the marauders successfully joined him on the full moons, and Remus can't complain. He doesn't have one new scratch on him, and nothing went wrong. He now is a lot more relaxed, he trusts his friends to be able to stop the wolf, if something goes wrong. Remus and James decided to celebrate their birthdays together, but they'll wait till after easter break. On his actual birthday Remus and the marauders just spend the afternoon in the dorm, laughing and listening to music. He received gifts from James, Sirius, Peter, and Lily. He received a book from Lily, chocolate from Peter, a new cup for his tea from James, and, his personal favorite, a bookmark from Sirius. The bookmark has a drawing of Padfoot, Prongs and Wormtail, and Remus on it. They're all in the common room, Remus sitting in the armchair, Padfoot sitting beside him, Prongs is standing on the other side of Remus, James' glasses on his nose, Wormtail is sitting on the armchair, next to Prongs. They all seem to be laughing. Remus has a grin on his face, Padfoot has his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth, Prongs has his head tilted to the side, and Wormtail is standing on his hind paws and seems to be waving.

So, in these there's nothing really to complain about. Except the fact, that in these past three months, Sirius and Marlene have been getting quite close to each other again. They haven't kissed in the common room or do anything particular to show it, but it's obvious to everyone who has eyes. They spend a lot of time together; Remus can see it in the map. They often are together in empty classrooms or just walking outside. They also spend the Hogsmeade weekends together and laugh at each other's jokes.

They finished the map recently. It's great and they are really proud of it. It took a little bit of modification of the spells for it to work like they wanted, but in the end, it is just perfect. They started using it for pranks and in these past month's none of them have been in detention once. So, all of the marauders are in a better mood.

Easter break is in a few weeks, and he decided to stay here, he told his parents it's because of exams, but it really is because he doesn't want to go home. The full moon is more comfortable at Hogwarts, but he also wants to spend more time with his friends. He hopes the marauders can do something fun during the break. Peter is going home, but James and Sirius are staying. Marlene and Mary are going home, as well as the other two Gryffindor girls in their year, and that means it'll only be the marauders, except Peter, and Lily.

Right now, he's walking back from the library and is interrupted in his thoughts by Snape bumping into him. "Watch where you're going, half-breed!"

"Watch it yourself, Snivellus!"

Remus tries to bypass him, but Snape grabs his arm and hisses in his ear: "I will figure out what you and your friends are hiding! I saw Pomfrey and you going into the Whomping Willow the other night. And I have the same Astronomy classes as you. I know it was the full moon that night. I don't have any proof, but I will, and I'll manage to not only get you expelled, but also your friends"

No, no, no, he can't know! Remus tries to keep his face expressionless, as he says: "I have no idea what you're talking about, Snivellus."

He shakes Snape's hand off him and goes his way to Gryffindor tower. Snape can't know the truth, can he? That would be bad. That would be very, very bad. And apparently, he already knows about him. And if he figures the animagus thing out, that would get them all expelled and for James, Sirius, and Peter it would also mean Azkaban.

And if Snapes finds evidence for him being a werewolf and tells everyone, the parents of the students will know. And that would mean, the ministry getting involved and Remus would probably be known as werewolf and he wouldn't get any job, and if everything goes wrong, and the ministry decides that he is dangerous, he will get into Azkaban too, or he will get executed. And his parents will also get in trouble. And it will be all his fault, and he needs to do something to get Snape to keep quiet. He starts panicking. He doesn't know what to do. But he needs to do something.