Part 1

~10 years before~

Y/n pov :

Today is my big day. The day that i will learn my gift. I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T WAIT. I wake up early at the morning to take a shower and wear good clothes. Then i went to my dad's room. I open the door and i sighed i always forgot that his room has so many stairs. But today.....today was different. I didn't care, at all, about how many stairs was.
When i finally reach my Papa's bed i jumped on him as a result to scare him.

Bruno : Mija what are you doing up here.
Me : Papa papa. Today is my day. You forgot?
Bruno : Ofc no. Just It is too early. Aren't you sleepy?
Me : *nod negative*
Bruno : *slightly laughs* ok let's get ready. Casita maybe do the most of the decoration but she needs help. Let's go.
Me : Yey.

When he get up we went downstairs and then i went to camilo's and mirabel's rooms. I wake them up for breakfast and then i went to the kitchen to eat. When i finished i told papa that i wanted to go for a walk because I started to getting stressed.....
When we went outside he told me to not worry and everything is gonna be fine

Me : Are you sure Pa. ( Idk Spanish don't say anything. I'm trying 😂)
Bruno : I'm 100% sure.
Me: you watched my future?
Bruno : Nope but this is the father's instinct.
Me : Oh- if you say so.

Then I hugged him and he hugged me back.
The hours passed and the time came. I was wearing my white traditional dress with the golden details.
I was behind the curtains and i was taking deep breaths. The Camilo show up

Camilo : What's app cous
Me : I'm very..... stressed. * Taking more deep breaths *
Camilo : hey hey hey. Don't worry big cousin. It's everything gonna be just fine.
Me : ok ok......* Take a last deep breath *
Camilo : That's it.

Then we heard that Abuela was at the end of the story.

Camilo : Gotta go. Everything gonna be just fine. You got that
Me : Thanks Camilo. See you outside.

3 minutes later Abuela finished with the story and the curtains opened. There was soooooo many people. I look up at my door and i saw Abuela was standing in front of her and Papa behind her. He winked at me to calm me. I smiled at him but then Casita gave me a lil push to start moving.
When i finally arrived at my door Abuela come in front of me and she asked me

Abuela : Will you use your gift to honour our miracle? Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?
Me : yes Abuela

I said while i was touching the candle. Then i leave it and I moved in front of my door which was shining. I take a deep breath and i touch the knob. The door start shinning more and the a figure was made on the door. It looked like me but an older version. In my hands i had a book and behind there was some like flames.

Abuela : I'm interested to see what gift u got
Me : me too.

Then i open the door and i saw a big room, like my cousins Isabella's, that was black with dark green. There was a bed, a couch, a fireplace, a desk and a full body mirror. I moved closer to the desk and i saw a book that was same with the one on the door. I grab it and the it opened by itself. I started read inside me what it was saying and then i recognize my gift. It was a kind of magic and the the this book i could cast spells. That was sooooo COOL

Me : Abuela. Papa. My gift is casting spells.
Abuela : that's a new gift!
Bruno : *hug me tight* I'm so proud of you mija.
Me : Thank you pa!
Abuela : Come on everybody. We have to take a family picture.

Everyone from the family started taking place for the photo. Papa was at the middle, tìa pepa and tìo Félix was at the right and tìa Julietta with tìo Augustine was at the left. Camilo was standing near to me from the right and Dolores was standing right next to Camilo. At the left side Isabella was standing near to me, Luisa at the left of Luisa and Maribel was on the front of them.
When the photography was over the real party start. Everyone danced and ate. It nearly The sun had almost risen until the last guest left. I was soooo tired. Like everyone else. We all wend to our rooms to sleep.
At first....when I get to my room i didn't recognized it. But it was fine. And the bed..... WAS AWESOME

Some months later it was camilo's gift day. He got shape shifting. It was so awesome. He could transform into whoever he wanted.
After some months later again was Mirabel's day. She was so excited but when she touched knob the door disappeared...... Mirabel didn't get a gift. Everyone was in shocked. That day....it was Mirabel's worst day ofc.....Even mine.
After the people leave i went to see how was Mirabel. She was sitting on her bed. Her eyes was red bc she was crying. I didn't say anything. I just hugged her and she hugged me back. That night we slept together. When we wake up we left Mirabel's room and we went downstairs to the kitchen. None was down so I went up again to see where is Papa. I was outside his door but the door was shining anymore. I get in and he wasn't there. I quickly went downstairs and i was screaming " Abuela, Abuela ". When i arrived at the kitchen i saw everyone was there. Tìa Pepa, tìo Félix, tìa Julietta, tìo Augustín, Dolores, Camilo, Isabella, Luisa, Mirabel and Abuela. Everyone looked at me with a sad face.

Me : Abuela..... What's wrong.....Where is Papa.
Abuela : mi amor.....your papa....
Pepa : He.....he left...
Me : W- what do you m- mean.
Julietta : He left the house Y/n.
Me : NO THAT'S NOT TRUE. IT'S NOT TRUE

Then Camilo ran and hugged me tightly. Mirabel did the same. I started crying hard. I couldn't believe that my father left the house.....me. i broke their hug and i ran up to my room. I locked the door and i cried more.

And that's how everything started.

Hello. I'm Y/n Madrigal and that's my backstory 10 years before. Let's go to the present time