Song fic: Save and sound

She looked down at the various people, all lying in their beds tired. A sad smile crept onto her face as she observed the figures around her. Absentmindedly she brushed her hair through Owlboys hair, who had his head in her lap. Kaze and Leaf were tucked in Kaze's bed, huddled together for warmth. Gee and Henry were in their respective beds but faced each other so they could talk more easily. Zoe seemed to be the only one asleep, her chest heaving up periodically. Her gaze wandered over to where the arachnid was, and she shook her head with a smile. They currently were trying to make their hand stick to the bed with spider webs. ''Stop that, you are going to hurt yourself,'' the female feline murmured and slightly shook her head in disapproval. The third blaze born was also lying in his bed and observed the events around him with a fond smile. John sat on the bed next to the girl and looked down at the sleeping elytrian also smiling. Lost in her thoughts the feline continued to brush her hand through Owlboys's hair, forgetting the world around her. But soon enough quiet sobbing pulled her out of her content state. Alarmed her head flew up and her gaze darted around the room, searching for the heart-breaking sounds. After seeing most of the people still asleep her gaze landed on Leaf, who tried comforting a crying Kaze in his arms. ''It's just a nightmare,'' he murmured to the shaking boy in his arms and Kitty scooted a little closer to the two, albeit carefully as to not disturb sleeping Elytrian in her lap. '' Everything ok Kaze?'' She whispered and gave the Enderian a sympathetic look. ''He had the nightmare again,'' Leaf told her, while hugging the boy closer to his chest. Kitty didn't need more explanation to understand the situation the boy was in right now. ''Can you handle it, or do you need help calming him down?'' She looked at Kaze, who was still shaking in Leaf's lap. '' I think I can do this,'' with that the girl readjusted her position so that simon would be comfortable again and continued to stare into the darkness. What she didn't realize was, that her commotion with Leaf and Kaze woke up almost everyone in the room, except for Zoe, but she could sleep like a stone and there is basically nothing that could wake her up. Silently she began singing a lullaby her mother used to sing, before she was taken away by the soldiers.'' I remember tears streaming down your face, when I said I'll never let you go.'' A few tears ran down her cheeks as she thought back to the times when she was sick, and her mother sang the song to her to make her feel calmer. "When all those shadows almost killed your light. I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone.'' Her hands started to tremble, and she had to lift them away from simons's hair in fear of waking him up with her shaking. The lonely tear from the start of the verse developed into many tears that where now streaming down her face and fell to the ground and the sleeping elytrian in her lap. Quickly she lifted her head up, as to not wake him up with the water falling into his face. Flashes of the library in her town came to her mind, followed by a flash of her mother, getting dragged away by soldiers. ''But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight''. She knew it wasn't her fault, that she couldn't help her mother, yet it still hurt her little heart so bad. The avian next to her sensed, that something was wrong when he heard little sniffles coming from the girl and turned to look at her and his friend. Kitty's eyes glistened because of the tears that were threatening to fall but she tried to hold them back, if only in fear of waking up the boy in her lap. ''Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.'' She imagined her mother, smiling down at her and her newfound family. But this only made everything all the harder for her. She had to be strong, at least for the others, but she could not even manage to be strong for herself. A new emotion spread around her heart and for a second she could physically feel it break into pieces. What if all these people suffer the same fate as her? It would break most of them apart. Leaning her head against the wall a picture started to form in her head, the others lying around her on the ground. Most having blood run down their face and various other body parts. She could hear the roaring of a big animal nearby and the flaps of wings seemed to come closer and closer. The Ender boy was lying before her, but when she looked closer, she saw that his face had a deathly white tint, and blood seeped out of his chest. With a gasp the picture in kitty's head disappeared and she clutched her head in her hands. Having woken up the boy in her lap with all the shaking, he turned to the girl who was breathing heavily and saw the colour drain from her face. ''You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.'' ''Everything ok?'' The avian asked, and his friend also turned to look at her. She just shook her head and looked at the two boys. ''It's fine,'' she murmured and apologized for waking them up. ''I think I have to go get air.'' She said, more so to herself and stood up on her trembling legs. Making her way outside, she pondered over what exactly she saw in her dream. From what she could remember, everyone was in danger, Kaze the most. There had to be something she could do, to change that fate. Finally outside she took in a huge gulp of air before crashing down crying, letting all the sorrow, worry and bottled-up emotions finally crash together. ''Come morning light, You and I'll be safe and sound.''