6. | The Sixth Lesson.

Sixth Lesson: Feelings, they're confusing and terrifying, but it's impossible to stop them.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Arden still doesn't know why she did it.

She was the one to initiate the kiss, the one who pulled him in and the one who never wanted it to end. His lips were like a lifeline to her in that moment, she never wanted to let go.

It's all so confusing.

It's been keeping her up at night, her mind replaying the moment to try and find any indications to Harry initiating the kiss, but she couldn't remember any, she was the one who kissed him. She kissed him.

But then, he kissed her back.

He kissed her back with as much passion as she kissed him with, he pulled her more towards his body and he held onto her tightly, savouring every last touch of her body against his.

But, he was the one to pull away.

That's what has been eating her up also, he pulled away from the kiss, he stopped it. Arden didn't want to stop, but he did.

It's all so terrifying.

"Ard! You still with us?" Harry laughs, nudging her with his elbow as they both sit in the booth with the rest of their friends.

"Yeah, sorry." Is all she says, smile fading as soon as Harry looks away, replying to a question Niall had asked him.

It's their usual Saturday routine, all six of them sit in the local bar having a few drinks to catch one another up on what's happened in their lives the last week, some nights it's a casual night, some nights it ends in them leaving the club next door at six in the morning.

It just depends on how everyone's feeling.

"You've been quiet, everything okay?" Maggie, one of their friends ask. Her blue eyes bright under the dull bar lights as she waits for Arden's answer.

"I'm okay, just tired." She laughs it off, Maggie nodding but keeping her eyes on Arden not being convinced of her answer what so ever.

No one knows what's happening between Harry and Arden, no one has suspected anything either due to Niall helping Harry out all night to find someone to go home with, Harry more than happy to go along with Niall's search due to him being more confident when it comes to sleeping with people now.

Arden has to sit next to him and hear it all go down. The way Harry will agree when Niall calls a woman hot, or the way Harry will make small talk with the bartender when she comes to the table with their drinks, a twinkle in his eye and his voice lowered a few octaves — Arden was the only person to hear that change in his voice, because that's how he speaks to her when they're together.

She's decided to just drink quickly and try to drown out the way Harry is chatting every person he sees up, his new found confidence having people fall to his knees — Arden's waiting on Niall to make a move on Harry because of how charming Harry has become all of a sudden to anyone he sets eyes on.

Aaron, Maggie's boyfriend is also in the loop of finding Harry someone to take home tonight, Maggie and Natalie being the only two who are actually taking notice of Arden and how quiet she is, it's not like her at all, she's usually singing loudly or throwing back shots with everyone at the bar. Tonight, she's drinking quicker than normal and her smile fades after two seconds.