19. Cupid's Arrow

Pairing: Elijah-Klaus/Rebekah (MM/F) 2x- hand, paddle, hairbrush

Elijah/Marcel (M/M) hand, paddle

Chapter Text

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer's Night Dream

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mikaelson Estate

Rebekah's Room

Monday, July 9, 1855

Rebekah leaned over and whispered, "You need to go now, luv. Elijah will be in soon."

She had opened the balcony doors to let the slightly, but not much, cooler night air in. The high ceilings helped some, but the July heat quickly became overwhelming when the sun came up.

"The door is locked. We shall leave it locked forever and then you will never get that second licking," Marcel teased as he ran his fingers up and down her arm.

"Nik gave Elijah the master key! Marcel, maybe I can stick one of Stefan's McGuffey's Readers down the back of my drawers? That paddle stings like nothing else. Hurry and go. He is going to catch you in here!" Rebekah lamented. She had been trying to get Stefan ready for school more and tutoring him with those readers the past week, Rebekah did not want to verbalize that if Elijah bared her behind again, no amount of literature would save her. She was fairly sure, Elijah would just have her flip over on the bed and just her a few light swats to keep his word that he was thrashing her again...Rebekah planned to start crying and apologize as soon as he came in the room.

Marcel laughed, "If he does, I can jump out the balcony. What was Papa thinking giving you this room?" Marcel kissed Rebekah's soft lips and snaked his hand around to caress her back. "It's like I have an escape route now..." He lowered it to pat her rear.

"That is better. Thank you," Rebekah smiled. "Did it work? It surely felt nice...cool even." Marcel had coated her backside with a healing ointment that the washer woman made for him. She swore it healed her son's no-see-ums bites in a day.

Marcel grinned and looked at her once again pale backside, "Sure as hell did. Miss Madge knows her stuff. Blast it, did you hear something?"

Rebekah's eyes grew wide and she got out of the bed. She had checked the door, but now that she knew Elijah had the master key, that meant nothing.

"Out the window!" Rebekah hissed. Marcel gulped and grabbed his pants and vamped out the balcony doors. He leapt over and down in an instant. Rebekah wished she had time to laugh as Marcel had not yet put on his trousers. It was still dark out and the dawn was just breaking so she was not concerned he would be seen.

Tap, tap.

Rebekah struggled to put her nightgown back on and her split back drawers. She stumbled to the door thinking to find Elijah, only to find her new lady's maid, Elsie.

"Miss, begging your pardon at the early hour, but your brother said you ought to get yourself ready. The master said you can git dressed," Elsie explained quickly bobbing her head.

"Thank you, Elsie," Rebekah said in relief as she let the slender black teen in to help her with clothing. "How is young Mister Damon this morning?" Elsie made it her business to know everything.

"Oh, he still sleeping in your brother, Master Klaus' room. That boy was sick last night!" Elsie spouted.

Rebekah was relieved that she could dress. She did not want her drawers taken down again for the paddle, for damn sure. But she also did not want Elijah to notice the healing balm that Marcel coated on her behind. She had argued with Marcel for a only moment, before consenting to the treatment, as she was so sore. And Marcel had a light touch...that touch had led to other touches. Rebekah giggled aloud.