A massive hole grew bigger inside my chest. It had been two hours and Mr. Bates had to call my dad and get him to come pick me up. He said he couldn't leave me on my own, but i didn't care. I wasn't leaving until they were found.

"Honey, it's getting late. We should head home." Dad put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly.

"No! I'm moving! " I snapped. The search and rescue team had been out there for hours. They tried to persuade me to come home but it wasn't going to happen. Not when Jake and Jaime was out there. Dad sighed and knelt down in front of me.

"Brooke, there's a good chance that they won't find Jake, or the others tonight" he gave me a sad smile.

"They will" I scoffed. "They have to"

~~~~~

Jaime's POV

"Do you have any idea where we are?" I asked Felix.

"No" he looked at me apologetically. I let out an angry sigh.

"It's getting late. We have no food, no water maybe we should just camp out here" Andy stuck his hands in his pockets.

"What? Are you serious you mean just give up!?" I looked at the four of them with my mouth hanging open.

"It's not giving up!" Sam looked at me incredulously. "It's called getting some rest" he walked over to a small round area. It hard large leafs curved over the top supported by roots. It was almost like it had been purposely put there. The other three followed leaving me with no choice but to go with them. Felix and Jake collected sticks for the fire, while Sam, Andy and I just sat in a circle and talked.

"Do you reckon we'll ever make it out of here?" Sam asked. "We could be thise people who get lost in the woods and they aren't found, but they miraculously turn up seven years later"

"I don't think that will happen, if we go back the way we came-"

"But we can't go back!" Felix dropped the pile of sticks on the ground in front of us. "We fell off a cliff, I don't know about you but I don't think climbing it is the best way"

"I hate to say it, but Dracula's right. We'll get nowhere trying to climb it. We'll have to find another way round" Jake dropped another pile of sticks.

"Do you reckon they're trying to find us?" I ask.

"Not at this hour" Andy replied. We were all quiet for a moment as we sorted out the sticks and rocks to build a fire. In the end Andy was the one who got it going. Maybe watching Bear Grills really did make you learn something about survival.

"I know just the thing that will help cheer us up" Felix bought out his phone and played some music.

Water Fire Earth and Air, Elements that we all share

"Dude, that's just depressing" Sam looked at Felix with a 'what are you trying to do to us' look.

Brooke's POV

The search and rescue party came out about an hour later. Claiming it was to dark to look for much longer. Dad was still trying to persuade me to go home, but I was serious when I said I wasn't moving.

"Seriously Brooke! You are not staying out here all night!" Dad snapped.

"What if it was mum?" I yelled back. "I bet you'd love to go home then wouldn't you"

"That's different you aren't actually in love with jake" dad cried. I looked at him shocked. How could he possibly say that. A look of realisation crossed his face. He reached a hand out to me but I shuffled back.

"Go if you don't want to be here" I said quietly. Avoiding eye contact.

"Brooke-"

"GO!" the search and rescue team looked at us, some with confused faces and others with plain curiosity.

"I'm not leaving you here" he said calmly.

"I don't care what you do, just leave me alone" I got my feet and moved closer to the edge of the bush. They were going to come out, they had to.