New Home

Please vote and comment if your liking the book, you can also mention your friends in the comments section to read with you. Thanks 🥰♥️

Cassie POV

"Cassie" my dad voice woke me up. I sighed as I tried to get up. My whole body still hurts from the clean up I did earlier.

"Cassie get down here this minute young lady" ahhh and that's my dad James Andy. A little part of me is happy that his back to ordering and shouting at me again, I think that's a sign that his getting back in track and that his finally willing to let go and move on.

"Young lady if you don't get down this very min........."

"Dad am already here, what got you all worked up?"

" How long do you think your gonna keep it from me" my dad stated with a glance that says you better start talking.
I look at him trying to comprehend what his talking about. I stare at him to get any hint as to what his talking about, but none was shown to me. His face was blank and you can easily identify the seriousness radiating out of his posture.

"Dad what are you talking about?"

"You seriously don't know? Your asking Me that?

"Yh, I mean I can't remember hiding anything from you" I replied honestly trying to creak my brain and find out if am forgetting something.

"Cassie Andy when exactly were you planning on telling me you go admission into the college?

I froze. It felt like everything around me was rather happening in a very uncomfortable slow peace. How did he know? Was he going to ask me to reject the admission? Was he going to be mad that I kept it from him? What do I say? What do I do? If I need to move on, I really do need that admission and a change of environment.

"Dad I......"I began, I was battling inwardly about the right word to say and how to convince him that I really do need this next big change. I've lost everything since mum dead and I can't afford to lose this.

"My dearest Cassie, why didn't you tell me?

"Papa I..... I didn't want u to make me reject it"

" What? And why would I do such a thing?"

" Well for starters mum died n we are trying to get pass her and I Know it's hard for you and.......

"Cassie...

" Yes father

"Your more important to me than anyother thing. If I can, I'll give you the world"

As he said those words with tears in his eye, I suddenly felt bad for concluding.i wanted to do nothing but to hug and comfort him.

"Papa...

" No it's fine.its my fault I let my mourning days last way too long.

"Dad.....

" Pack your bags your leaving for Irene tomorrow"

" Dad!!

"I already phoned your grandma, she will b expecting you" he said this way to fast for me to comprehend, before I knew it he was already on his foot ready to leave.

"Dad!! My voice sounded across the living room, leaving his rooted to a spot.

"Dad what about you? Won't you come along?

A small sound of laughter left his lips as he replied me saying

"And what makes you think I'll leave my little girl all by her self, of cause I'll come just not now. I need to settle somethings here before joining you.