The Boogeyman: Final Part

Your entire team didn't waste any time getting to James' house. He was still inside the house and because you didn't have any warrant to enter, you had to wait outside until he leaves. You're in a car with Mack, Spencer, and Gideon while JJ and Derek are with the other officers.

"Are you sure about this? Charles?" Mack asks in disbelief.

"He was born and raised in Ozona, he knows the territory, and he works with children," Spencer shrugs.

"He's highly organized, slight in stature, and he also injected himself into the investigation. What I don't get is why I didn't see his energy at Sarah's crime scene. There wasn't an adult there."

"Maybe the elements messed it up," Gidoen thought before addressing Mack. "What do you think happened in the last six months that would have changed his life?"

"His wife walked out on him and his kid."

"There's your stressor," Spencer says.

"Guys, he's on the move," you say.

James leaves his house and heads to his car. You all get out of the police car, and once James sees you all, he books it and runs in the opposite direction.

"Mr. Charles!" Derek yells. "Don't do it!" Derek chases after the man and slams him into a junker car. The backpack that James is holding falls to the ground and out pops a red hat. "Why are you running? Give me this. What's this? What's so important about the hat?"

"Nicholas Faye was wearing it when he was murdered," Gideon reveals.

You have no choice but to bring James in for possession of evidence in a murder case. It looks like James is the culprit, but you know he didn't do it. You look inside the house and see a bunch of yellow energy, the same energy you keep seeing everywhere. James didn't touch those children, but he must know something about it. You have a feeling he does. James knows he's in big trouble so he went willingly and without trouble.

James was put into an interrogation room and instead of Gideon or Derek going in and harassing the man, you offered to do it. You wanted to talk to him about his son, especially. You have a feeling Jeffery is involved in all this a lot more than you hope he is. Gideon gives you the okay to go in by yourself, so you walk into the room and take a seat across from him.

"James, you have a couple of options here. I can tell you what I think you were doing in Fennigan's house the last two weeks or you can sign a confession and maybe get a deal. Your choice."

"I never stepped foot in Fennigan's place."

He's telling the truth.

"Did you touch those delivery cartons we found inside the house?"

"Yeah because I deliver them every week."

Another truth.

"See, I'm different from the other agents. I'm a psychic whether you believe in that sort of thing or not. I connect with people's energies and spirits of the dead. I can sense when you're lying and when you're not. Now, you've been telling the truth so far and I just hope it continues to be that way," you explain in a calm voice. "What were you doing with Nicholas Faye's hat?"

This time, he doesn't answer and you know it's because he knows you can tell if he's lying.

"James, would you believe me if I said I knew you had nothing to do with this?" This time, he locks eyes with you. "But I do know you were involved in some way. This will go a lot easier if you'd just cooperate."

Again, he doesn't answer. This time, you take out the file you had Penelope put together. It's everything you have on James.

"When did your wife leave you? What happened to make her leave, James? I mean, I've only just met you, but I see more than most. Your life here seems very comfortable. Was she feeling bored? Uninspired? Falling out of love with you? Did she leave you for another man?""