7

Next Day

Next Day

"Stay still dear, we need your measurements for the dress."

Few of her aunts along with her female cousins were here measuring and checking out formal wears for the upcoming wedding. last night, there was a meeting with the Kamisato clan and they both decided to have the wedding in a month or so.

Despite (Y/n)'s protest, it was ignored and stomped on since she had no say. accepting her future and marriage, she could only comply to her relatives orders.

"Should we add lace or no lace?"
"What kind of flowers should we add for the arrangement?"
"Long or medium?"
"How about long sleeve or should we do sleeveless?"
"I like strapless on her."

The bride to be could only stand as her relatives try to pick out many dresses from the rack while others are talking to employees about the arrangement. it was tiring since she could only stand here on the platform awkwardly.

Looking around and noticing that everyone is too busy with their own thing, (Y/n) sneakily exited the store.

Sighing, she walked off as if she didn't ditch her family. walking around the city, she noticed that it was a bit cloudy today.

Just as predicted, small rain droplets fell from the sky. it may be a depressing sight for most people, but for her, it was a stunning scenery. the small droplets representing tears where it reflects the world, showing that strong emotions is a powerful thing.

But the lamb could only watch in dull eyes since she had lost that kind of emotion years ago.

Flashback

Rain. when the world or the sky was depress, it would rain rapidly. the small spec of water coming down upon you, showing you that it will be a bad day, but you can still be happy even if it was raining.

"Mommy, i wanna play outside

"Mommy, i wanna play outside."

The 4 year old daughter could only hug her mother's waist as they gaze the wet scenery while sitting under the roof patio in the estate.

Her mother hummed and petted her hair, "but you will get a cold lamb. you don't want that, do you?"

She shook her head and looked up at mother's lovely face with her innocent eyes, "no, but i don't want to stay inside all day."

"How about this, we dress up warm and we will play outside, but don't tell your daddy. it will be our little secret."

The little daughter's eyes lit up in excitement. that's how she ended up jumping on puddles with her mother. laughing loudly as she held onto her mother's soft wet hands.

"Now what do we have here?"

Gasping loudly, she turned only to see her father trying to act strict, but it broke off as a smile that was made onto his handsome face.

"Playing without daddy are we?"

Giggling, she let go of her mother before running off to where her father was. the small family ended up splashing puddles around together. giggling and smiling was made throughout the day, even though they knew they will get sick afterward, but it was worth it.

That happy memory despite being made on a rainy day was something she could only grasp onto. until after she just recently turned 6.

Standing in front of her parents grave on a rainy day. relatives, friends, or acquaintances crying and sobbing their heart out, she could only watch the empty caskets where her parents are suppose to lie.

People around her thought she was silently crying, but it was just the rain droplets staining her cheeks

She moved her dull gaze towards her grandparents. her grandfather comforting her kneeling grandmother along with the rest of her relatives.

The daughter thought she would love rainy days, but now she understands why people hate it.

Flashback end

"I miss you."

Kneeling on the wet concrete in front of two grave stones. the rain pouring harsher as times tick by, but that didn't bother the young lady.

Silently listening to the rain, she felt something hovering over her. an umbrella being held over her kneeling figure and protecting her from the water.
she slowly lifted her head with her puffy red eyes only to widened.

His familiar crimson eyes and markings around his built body. the horn she adored ever since she was a kid or once they became good friends.

"Itto." she whispered with her heart beating faster.

a/n: my Diluc doll finally came after waiting for like 6 months 😭

anyways, sorry for the random depressing chapter, just wanted to build the story more interesting as well as climaxing the plot

Question for this chapter is, who's your favorite pyro character? mine would be Hu Tao ❤️

(not edited)
1/15/22