17

1 month later

1 month later

Life isn't fair. it was truly never fair to begin with. why? because the moment you're happy, it comes with a price. when you finally feel happy in your life, everything soon goes downhill. not fair. that's not fair.

"That's not fair."

He whispered to himself as he sat alone in the corner. it was already late at night, where most people are already asleep. outside, the moon and the stars are looking down at everyone, but it doesn't seem bright as it use to be.

Opening his palm, there was a crumpled paper that was a bit ruin, but he still kept it as one of his treasures. her treasures that was gifted to him.

The small paper was written in a neat font with a heart next to it.

From: Lamb
To: Itto <3

It's always better to share a smile and a laugh with someone you love. and that was her. he loved her and still does. ever since they were kids, ever since they started to grow into teenagers, ever since they grown into young adults, he had always loved her. only her, no one else, just, her.

She was his world, his heart, his sun, his love, his everything.

Sure, they're total opposites, but opposites attract, right? so why is she getting farther and farther away from him?

Is it wrong that he wanted to be with her? wanting to marry her so they can grow old together, cherish each other everyday, be together everyday with no worries.

He's such a coward is what he would tell himself. a coward that doesn't know how to confess his love or share his true feelings. he's suppose to be the great leader of his own gang, so why would a confession stop him? if the feelings don't return, then he doesn't mind staying as friends, why? because all he wanted was to protect and be close with her even if it's from afar.

Now he regrets it, so much. wishing to go back time so he can shout out to the world that he loves her. so everyone knows that she was the one that capture his heart.

He sighed once more and stood up while pocketing the small note in his pocket. quietly leaving the room, he walked outside to enjoy some fresh air. the slight cold breeze from the night and the moonlight shining upon him.

Everything was so serene, no people around chattering or children running around. only the once busy city being empty.

Not knowing where he was going, just letting his own feet take him anywhere. whether it be an open field, the beach, or to her. it doesn't matter. after a few minutes of walking, his feet stopped.

Looking straight ahead, a big double door gate was in his vision. the familiar clan name was boldly marked on the gate.

Blinking, the crimson hues moved to the window that was slightly open. she was in there. he knows it, his heart knows it. quickly jumping over the gate, hoping to not wake anyone up, he sneakily climbed towards the open window.

Now standing in the dark room that was only lit up by a small lamp, he looks around.

It looks the same. stacked books and paper on her desk. a few plants and old stuff animals scattered around. everything looks simple yet adorable to him.

Then moving his gaze to the bed, there lie the love of his life. her angelic face looking so peaceful. moving closer and closer, he kneels down in front of her face. as he was now close, he can make out of her long lashes and her cheek being slightly smushed against the soft pillow.

 as he was now close, he can make out of her long lashes and her cheek being slightly smushed against the soft pillow

Her hair was scattered all around the bed as she slept away. probably dreaming about running around the flower field or just eating her favorite food.

Quietly and gently, Itto brushed some of her hair away from her face and soon caress her cheek. his thumb softly grazing her cheekbone then moving towards her plump lips.

He wish he could kiss them one day. those pink lips that just looked so kissable. in his head, Itto always thought what they would feel of taste like.

As he stared at her longer, admiring her soft breathing and beautiful face, Itto leaned in to kiss her forehead. lingering there for a bit, he whispered against her skin, "i love you...so much, lamb."

Finally leaning back, Itto had a full wide grin on his face. caressing her head, the oni started talking in a quiet voice.

"Want to know what i did today, lamb? you won't believe what happen. so i was outside with our gang..."

Continuing on talking, Itto was now holding her hand.
his big hand intertwined with her smaller ones, sometimes caressing his thumb on her knuckles.

A moment later, Itto finished talking, "next time, i'll take you there with me, lamb."

Silently chuckling, the oni gazed down at her once more. there was so much love in his eyes, even a kid could tell he looks like a lovesick fool right now.

Soon bringing up their intertwined hands, Itto kissed each of her fingertips with a soft peck.

"Once you wake up lamb, let's have our own happy ending."

Not even realizing, tears were streaming down his cheeks as he kept on forcing a smile.

a/n: i know you guys are probably confuse, like AUTHOR IS LAMB DEAD OR WHAT? and WHY WAS THERE A MONTH TIMESKIP? 🤬

to simply explain, our lamb won't die, even though i know some of you guys probably want her dead 👁👄👁 but that won't happen because then Itto won't have a happy ending including Ayato.
we will learn more about her health soon! i promise, but for now, we are just building up the feels, you know 👀

Question for this chapter is can you please rate this chapter? your rating or feedback will be so helpful for me ☺️ it brings me so much motivation to keep on writing! also thank you for those who congratulated me last chapter! 🥺

(not edited)
2/27/22