Childhood

As I rummage through my old things in my room I see an old shoe box labelled, "DO NOT THROW AWAY!!". I remember the old stickers of a microphone, music notes, and the basic laughing and crying face from drama class.

As I touch the box of mystery items, a flash of memories overload my cranium.
'No way!' I thought to myself.

I couldn't wait to open it. The first thing I see is an old picture from my graduation of me and Robert.
Brushing my fingertips along the picture as if it collected dust. A tear comes to my eye as I read the back of the photograph.

It read:
"I'll never forget you Juno! Be sure to visit me in LA and I'll make sure you have backstage access. ;) Love Your Boy Bo."

Remembering that we kind of had a taboo friendship. Not that we ever had intercourse but a couple kisses and hugs throughout the years.

That was just a taste into our friendship. Vividly remembering the late nights we would have just talking about nothing on the phone, or us fucking around on his piano at his house. As well as him getting frustrated at me as he taught me to play a little bit of guitar, he wasn't very good at playing but he taught me the basics.

Rummaging through the box, now analyzing everything so carefully. I miss him so much and I wish he didn't have to move or even graduate.

I'm 20 years old now and him the same age. I watch him on TV sometimes cheering him on through the screen but it's been 2-3 years since I've seen him face to face.

We used to share our dreams of comedy and I've always wanted to be a singer. We would bounce ideas off of each other for new songs or comedic songs. I was never as funny as Bo but I had a couple one liners.

Putting the box away, being careful to not damage anything. I grab my guitar, microphone, and notebook.
'Let's write a song about this.' I say to myself.

Naming the song: Highschool Sweethearts.

!!! I know it's a Melanie Martinez song but let's just pretend the character wrote it :)!!!

As I jot down verses, notes, throwing papers everywhere, I imagine what life would've been like if Robert never left.

7 hours later I finally finish a rough outline of the song, grabbing my guitar and trying notes to see what fits.
"Can we just be honest.." taking a breath in.
"These are the requirements." Watching my fingers dance around the strings.

I stop to write down a couple things.

Time skip
I look at the clock 5:37am.
'Holy shit! I need to go to bed.' My inner voice tells me.
"Yeah I know!" I consciously answer.

Drifting off the a slumber I imagine Robert coming back to Massachusetts to visit me.
God I miss that boy.