It's Time to Begin

So I got inspiration to write a part 2 for the previous one shot! I know it's no longer a one shot because it has two parts now, but anyways...

I've got an idea for where this story is going now, kind of. I'm probably going to end it in March of the Oni, and it would be a four-part story, with the chapters ranging from 5000-7000 words per chapter. Just a heads up that updates would be very inconsistent because my inspiration and motivation comes and goes randomly.

The title for this part are lyrics from 'It's Time' by Imagine Dragons.  I think that the song is fitting for this chapter in particular, and it's where I drew most of my inspiration for some of the scenes in this part.

Summary:
Morro meets and joins the Resistance after wandering the empty streets of Ninjago City for a week. Lloyd is hesitant at first, but he's willing to at least give his former enemy a chance.

Enjoy the chapter guys!

-------------------------

Morro stumbled as his foot caught on a loose piece of gravel and he cursed silently.  The chunk of stone bounced down the abandoned street, making far too much of a racket for his liking.  He was supposed to be in hiding, after Harumi got Ultra Violet to issue a bounty for his head, alongside many other Ninjago citizens.  And that stupid chunk of cement might've just given away his position.

With a sigh, Morro concentrated on his powers, trying to get his body to dissolve into a gust of wind like he had done during the Battle of Stiix.  It was a difficult task, one he hadn't tried to do in... how long had he been dead again?  And he barely used his powers while he was resurrected by the mad Princess.

Whatever.  He could do it.  He was the Master of Wind, and he was Sensei Wu's first and best student.  Anything he put his mind to, he would accomplish.

This shouldn't be any different.

The Preeminent had ensured that he was perfect in every aspect of fighting, in leading her troops, and planning the attacks with her other generals.  That included his wind power training, though she went about it in very unconventional ways.  It was through painful, rigorous training sessions and many sleepless nights did he finally learn to achieve the highest level of power an elemental master was capable of reaching.

He learned the ability to let one's body dissolve into a pure form of their own element.  In his case, the ability to become a silent but powerful gust of wind.  The Preeminent certainly abused this power a lot once he mastered it, using him to spy and gather information whenever she thought of it.

He thought about the other ninja, if they had been able to unlock this ability.

No doubt they had, but they just haven't used it against him in battle yet.  They already know Spinjitzu, they know every style of martial arts there is to learn... Morro really wouldn't be surprised if, for example, he ran into Kai, and the Fire Ninja suddenly became a being of the hottest and brightest flames.

In fact, he'd be surprised if they couldn't become a pure element.

Morro felt the wind surrounding him, feeling the gentle caresses of each breeze as he concentrated harder.  He pulled at the gusts, wrapping them around him in a cocoon, like a caterpillar about to undergo metamorphosis.

He thought that was a fitting analogy.

His body dissolved into wind, and he remembered smiling gleefully before his face melted away and joined the mass of cold air.  He followed the wind patterns, allowing himself this break for a moment.

In this form, he felt the most free.  Sure, there was so much power he had as well, but he didn't want to think about that now.  If anything, choosing to help Princess Harumi in her conquest made him deeply regret everything he'd ever done in his past life.  He never wanted to abuse his powers again for self benefit.