About

"You can't tell anyone."

His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in response.

"Fine," I said, nodding at him but not wanting to meet his eyes.

I was met with silence.

"Was there anything else?" I bit off, my tone a little more irritated than I intended it to be. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I felt almost naked as he studied me. His expression wasn't completely cold, but I couldn't figure out what else it held.

"I wasn't expecting this," he admitted eventually, as if this were the easiest topic in the world. "I didn't ask for it to happen right now. In fact, the timing is rather terrible. And I'm sorry for that. But no one can know about this, okay? No one."

"I said fine," I snapped. "Why don't you just reject me and put me out of my misery? I guarantee I can do it again."

He blinked, taken aback by her sudden outburst. "You... already had a mate? And you were rejected? Who is he?"

"You don't need to know," I replied, tilting my head to one side as I narrowed my eyes at him. "If you want to keep secrets, then so can I."

I wasn't off to a great start with him, but only the Moon Goddess knew that it was only going to get worse from here.

-

-

-

Rhea Riverwood has already been rejected once by the man she thought to be her mate, so when she's given a second chance, she can hardly believe her luck when it comes in the form of heartbreaker James Severin, King of the Alpha Werewolves and Rhea's second fated mate. Rhea struggles to come to terms with who she is and where she came from as James struggles with his feelings for her, but they need to pull their shit together fast when someone close makes it very clear they want revenge and the royal throne, and won't stop at murder to get them.

-

-

-

I got the idea to write this book from all the cheesy werewolf stories I've read in my lifetime that got me into writing; all the predictable fan-fics that I loved, all the terrible stories I wrote when I was young that were never quite right, etc. All these werewolf stories kept popping up from random reading apps on my Facebook page, and even though they were so so cheesy, I kept wanting to read them and I got hooked! So I decided to write my own, with the story being able to continue and end how I wanted it to rather than having to stop halfway through and not be able to find the end to the book. I know it's going to be just as cheesy! I know it's probably awful, and very predictable, but I wrote this more for my own enjoyment than anything else. I haven't written so many words in such a small time frame in years, and it feels so great to be able to get back into it, so I hope you guys can enjoy reading just as much as I enjoyed writing!