Chapter Ten.

I woke the next morning with a smile on my face before I had even opened my eyes. I felt my mate's arms wrapped tightly around my body as he hugged to him, forcing me to wriggle slightly so I could turn around and face him. He made a little noise as I moved, but as I settled back into his arms, he relaxed, and gave me time to study his face. He was beautiful; there was nothing I could fault about him, physical or otherwise. He looked so peaceful as he slept; I wondered if he felt how I did after we sealed our bond last night; closer than ever, and like I could face anything.

"Good morning," his voice came out slightly muffled, and I beamed, leaning in to place a soft kiss upon his forehead.

"Good morning," I murmured back, smiling at him until he weened an eyelid open to look up at me. He snorted when he saw my face, and forced himself to open both eyes. He yawned as he woke himself up, stretching his legs out beneath the covers before settling down again.

"You look happy," he noted as he stretched his arms back behind his head, leaning back on the headboard of the bed as he studied me with a sly smirk on his lips.

"Are you not also happy?" I demanded, glaring at him. He let out a hearty laugh, reaching out to grab my hips and pull me on top of him. As I straddled his waist, I crossed my arms grumpily over my chest and frowned at him.

"There are not enough words in the world to express how I feel right now," he explained quietly, brushing his thumbs against my bare hips softly. My breath hitched in my throat and my lips parted slightly at the force of his words.

"Whoa."

He grinned. "Whoa indeed. Last night was... unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life, Rhea."

"In a good way, right?" I demanded.

"Yes, in a good way. I feel... complete. Like I've been living my whole life before last night with a huge hole in my heart, and you just filled it in."

I couldn't stop the tears from welling up in my eyes as he spoke to me. This was the honesty I was hoping we could share, and he was already there for me. I hated that I didn't open myself up to him sooner. I could have felt this good weeks ago.

"So, are you going to tell me where you went yesterday?" he continued, his expression sobering up as he studied me uncertainly. "You really had me worried, you know. I had the whole pack out in the woods and across the pack border searching for you. We couldn't find anything. It was like you just... vanished."

I bit my lip nervously. How could I explain this in words that wouldn't make me sound crazy?

"Rhea? What's going on?"

I sighed, dropping my arms from my chest, completely forgetting that I was still entirely naked.

"It was... the Moon Goddess," I explained finally, twisting my mouth nervously as I studied James' expression. It morphed from many, but seemed to settle on surprise, so I went with that. "That's how I felt!" I exclaimed, pointing at his face. "Except, a lot more gasping and stuff. She took me into this strange place... it was like I was floating in the air, but there was nothing around us. And she appeared before me. It was really her, James. She visited me."

"What happened?" he pressed, eyes wide as if he were totally invested in this story. I hesitated, trying to refrain from frowning at him.

"Wait, you believe me?" I asked, surprised. "You don't think I'm crazy?"

"I never thought you were crazy," he assured me, smiling slightly. "Being visited by the Moon Goddess herself is a great honor; not even I've been visited by her, and I'm the King of all the werewolves."