Chapter 1

"What why?!" Edgar was speechless, other than those two words.
"Edgar you need to be more independent, you can't always rely on us!" His mother tried to explain, but Edgar wasn't having it.
"Seriously?! More independent? You two are drowning in cash and you want to leave me alone like this?"
"Your mother is right Edgar, you need to learn how to maintain yourself, take this as a life lesson."
"Life lesson? Let me starve because I have no money for food is a life lesson now?!"
"Honey, you can't keep on buying everything you want, you need to learn the value of money, otherwise what will happend in your future?" No matter how much his parents tried to resonate with him, his blood was boiling.
"I don't know about the future, but I know that if you don't-"
"Sorry honey, we have to get back to work. Bye."
Edgar was truly shocked by this whole situation.

But why he was in this situation?
Since he got to college, Edgar's parents paid for everything he bought: food, the rent, clothes, school and much more.
And his parents were completely fine with it, he was their son after all.
But they quickly changed their mind as soon as Edgar bought at least 1000Ⓖ worth of concert tickets, merchandise, and so on of his favourite band "The Bad Randoms" with his partents' money.
And now he was in this situation.

"This is so unfair!" He loudly said, slamming the phone on the desk, he immediately regretted it, what if his phone broke and he had to buy another one?
He slowly lifted the phone, hoping that it wasn't broken, fortunately the device was safe.
"Phew, I must be more careful from now on.."
He quickly stole a glance at the screen.
'It's so late! I have to go to school tomorrow!'
Without any further delay, he slipped into his pajamas and went to bed.
Edgar still couldn't help the thoughts swirling in his head.
'What to do now? How will I be able to maintain myself?'
He hardly punched the wall next to his bed in anger, any of this would've happend if he wasn't so careless.
Eventually, tiredness took over, and he drifted off to sleep.

༻✧༺

"...YOU'LL HEAR HIS NAME, AND YOU'LL KNOW IT'S MORTIS GAAAAMEEE!"
"Will you shut up for once?! People are trying to sleep ya know?!"
Abruptly interrupted, a certain white haired girl wasn't going to sleep that night.
Well, is not like she slept any other night.
"Oh excuse me! This is my apartment and not yours!" Colette answered rather rudely from her balcony, as the sound of a door closing could be heard on the identical balcony just above her place.
"Ugh, always bothering me, at this point it's better living on the streets!"
The girl quickly went back into her room, it wasn't so big, but the mess inside of it was.
'I guess I'll have to turn off this then' She tought as she pressed the power-off button of her TV.
After that she let herself sink into her bed, accidentally crushing a pack of chips in the process.
She spent the rest night muttering a song, she'll just drink some coffee in the morning to keep herself up at work.

༻✧༺

Author notes:
• Ⓖ is the currency in this story
• "...YOU'LL HEAR HIS NAME, AND YOU'LL KNOW IT'S MORTIS GAAAAMEEE!" Are some lyrics from the Bad Randoms song called "Mortis Game"

Hi everyone!
I really hope you enjoyed the start of this new book!
I hope I'll be able to regularly update this because I feel like this has the potential be one of my best books so far.
That said, I hope you'll look forward to the next chapter! Thanks for reading!