Chapter 2

A new day, a new opportunity.
That's what they say anyway, for Edgar it wasn't like that.

"What time is it...?"
The clock on his phone had a big 9:13am displayed on it.
'I'M LATE'
He jumped off the bad and trew himself towards the closet, he found a black hoodie with the Bad Randoms logo on it and immediately slipped it on.
"Scarf here, quick!"
His black and white scarf immediately perked up and, as Edgar came closer, jumped on the boy's shoulders and gently wrapped around his neck.

༻✧༺

"What do you mean that the teacher is absent? No lessons today?"
"We have the whole first and second period free, the teacher is sick."
...What a good way to start your day, right?
'Maybe I should buy myself some breakfast'
There was a small convenience store near his school, so he decided to go there and buy some cookies.

༻✧༺

"What do you mean it declined?"
"The card doesn't have enough credit, I'm sorry sir"
"Ugh... Well thanks anyway"
He then walked out of the shop, how embarrassing, looking like he doesn't have the money to pay his own food.
Well he technically doesn't, but it didn't mean he was poor, right?

Edgar came back to his apartment,
"How many resources do I have left..?"
The food in the fridge was enough for around 3 days, he was supposed to pay the rent within a week and then the school loan...
"Ugh! Why?! Why me?!"
He couldn't help but slam a fit into the nearby wall, like he did last night.

He had to find a job soon.

༻✧༺

Colette happily walked towards the Starr Park gift shop, she loved that place.
When she saw literally anyone, she would make sure to wave or greet them.

The fact that she knew everyone was kinda... unsettling.

But then again, people assumed it was because she worked at such a popular place, honestly they hoped that was the reason.

Her attention was then drawn by a cafè
'...coffee'
She busted through the door, gathering a lot of eyes on her, if not all of them.
"Coffee" She muttered.
"Oh, hi Colette! Here for the usual?" Max asked from behind the counter.
Colette just nodded frantically
"Coming right up!" She then went through the kitchen door and exclaimed "SURGE! COLETTE'S USUAL ORDER!" Followed by a "GOT IT!" as loud as Max's voice.

While Colette waited for he coffee, she opened her scrapbook and took out her pen, and started drawing some doodles of all the brawlers around her, like she always does.

"Here's your order! Hope the wait wasn't too long." Max came back and handled a huge cup of black coffee with whipped cream, a spoon of cocoa, and lots of little marshmallows, everything mixed togheter. Needlees to say that it wasn't the best thing to drink.

"Nope, right on time! Here's the money, keep the change"
"Thanks Colette! Have a nice day!"

Once the white-haired girl kept on walking on the sidewalk, she chugged down her whole drink in less than a few minutes. How? No one knows.
Then she finally arrived at the big entrance, the letters on the arc formed the word "STARR PARK".
"Good morning Starr Park!"

I hope you enjoyed this second chapter! Let me know if you have any feedback or any constructive criticism, I'll be glad to improve this story since this is only the beginning.
Thanks for reading!