Chapter 3

Her shift was coming to an end, even if she was sad about it because she loved her job, she couldn't do much about it.
"Mr.Griff! Can I say a little longer? Pleaseee?"
"Colette you already work too much, but if you insist..." He left his sentence open ended, implying that it wasn't a problem if she stayed longer, even if the only reason he accepted was because of all the money he could gather if Colette managed to get some tips during her over-shift time, which he would keep.

The white-haired girl left, happily skipping through the path of the park that lead to her workplace: the gift shop.
Obviously, the park was almost empty at night, so she usually just adjusted the merch on the empty shelves. That was the part she disliked the most of her job because she wasn't so tall, and sometimes, when trying to put some mugs with the Starr Park logo on it, she ends up falling and breaking the merchandise.
She always had to climb up the shelves, risking to fall down and possibly make the shlf fall on her, making it even more difficult than it already was.

'I whish I was a little more taller...'

༻✧༺

When her second shift ended, she came back to the place she loved and hated at the same time: her apartment.
It was so far away from her school and workplace, in a dangerous place of the town, usually you would get robbed or threatened, but you could also get killed.
But for some reason, she wasn't scared at all, she even hummed a song while jumping happily on her way home.

"Hey you there! Stop immediately and drop all of your money!" A deep voice shouted at the white-haired girl, she stopped her tracks and turned around.
"Uh? What do you want?" She asked innocently.
"Kinda deaf, are we? You money or your life?" The boy replied with a laugh.
"What about we play a little game?" Her eyes darkened, as she cracked a smile that showed all of her sharp teeth.
"Oi! I said we want you money!" The boy backed away a bit.
A cuckle could be heard.
"W-why are you laughing?! I'm serious! I have a uhh... gun!" He reached out to his pocket and took out a handgun, pointing it at Colette and fired.

It wasn't loaded.

The cuckle became a laugh.
"What are you-"
The white-haired girl charged straight at the boy in a blink of an eye.

After that, screams filled the empty road. Only to be completely cut off. Then Colette's humming started again, only to fade into the distance.

༻✧༺

His stomach grumbled as he scrolled through his phone on "BrawlWorks.com", helplessly trying to find a suitable job.

Doctor? He didn't have a degree and neither was studying medicine.
Dog sitter? Just thinking about having to take care of 4 or 5 dogs all togheter make his head spin.
Having a job? It will give him a headache.

"Ugh, so lame."
He then fell asleep peacefully, as the light of the moon shined into his face.

I don't have much to say, so I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you'll continue to follow the updates on this book!
Also, thanks for all the support! 100 views on just 2 chapters are a lot, thank you so much! <3