Discontinued Message

Hello everyone, it's me.

Jeez, how long has it been? A year? Far too long that's for sure. I should have done this sooner but I guess, I was a little nervous and unsure about it but I'm definitely ready now.

I'll be real with you guys. A lot of things have happened since the last time I updated this story and I've found myself experiencing new things and changing as a person. And with that said, I'd like to say that I'm formally discontinuing The Assassination of My Hero Academia.

I know this must be disappointing to a lot of you, especially since the last chapter I posted started to build up towards something but I just cannot for the life of me find the motivation to continue this story. I've just moved on from that headspace where I wanted to write this crossover fanfiction and to be honest, it was bound to happen.

The truth is, I barely planned for the story. I just wrote the chapter titles and that was it, I didn't even fully know where the story was going or even who the antagonist was gonna be. I really didn't think this story was going to gain so much attention on both FanFiction.Net and Wattpad. I just wrote it for fun and then, it blew up over quarantine in 2020 and I got overwhelmed by all the attention and started procrastinating because of it.

I've tried so many times to finish this story but I just can't. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed writing all the interactions between Nagisa and Class 1A. It was fun but when it came to the story stuff, I felt stuck because I just had a vague idea about how I wanted the story to go and not much else.

So I'm sorry everyone. I'm sorry for not finishing the story, I'm sorry for saying I'd update and come back after a hiatus and then didn't, I'm sorry I made all these empty promises to you. It wasn't fair. If I wanna write my own work someday and I do, I need to learn to build trust with my readers. I understand that now. So yeah, I just want to thank you all for the reads, votes, comments and reading list saves. I appreciate all of them. And while I admit it was overwhelming at first and I did get some imposter syndrome because of all the attention, it helped me build confidence in my writing and I want to take that with me into my future fanfictions.

Once again, sorry that it had to come to this but I have to move on now or else it'll keep eating at me and it isn't fair to have you guys think I'm coming back to update. So again, thank you for all your support on this story, it means the world to me. Honestly.

I'll probably finish Ordinary Attraction but I'm kinda starting afresh on Archives Of Our Own (AO3), so maybe I'll cross post here on Wattpad.

Thank you for taking the time to read this if you did. Hopefully, I'll see you guys again soon. Here's a sketch of Nagisa I did.
Bye!

~ Jayenee

~ Jayenee