« Arc 1 | Ch 5 »

=| Warped Assassin Arc |=
Chapter 5: Shopping District Time

~••| Assassin World |••~

"I can't believe it's been almost five days since Nagisa disappeared! I'm beginning to think something horrible happened to him!" Kayano voiced her worry as she and the rest of the E Class students gathered together outside during their lunch break.

The others either sighed or shifted uncomfortably. Sugino was pacing back and forth, uneasiness written on his face.

Then there was Karma, who despite looking indifferent as always, couldn't shake the anxiety in his chest. He knew Nagisa could take care of himself but he was still just a kid like the rest of them.

And after what happened the other day, he was starting to doubt that they themselves were safe.

'A mysterious person with an unknown origin, possessing the power to warp time and space. Something like that is so insane and unreal, I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.' Karma pondered, leaning on the tree. He gazed at the clouded sky, 'Korosensei has been searching nonstop for a portal like the one that opened the other day but he hasn't had any luck. Nagisa's mom is worried sick and we don't know what to tell her.' He looked to the class, 'Everyone else has been out of it since he disappeared and as for me...'

"Nagisa!"

Karma, Kaede and the others yelled out to the blue haired teen. It was no use, however, the cloaked figure who had suddenly appeared pushed the blunet into the portal.

"Nagisa!" Karma now rushed towards the wormhole, desperately trying to reach out to his friend.

His hand barely brushed Nagisa's fingers before the other teen was swallowed by the swirling rift.

And just like that he was gone. The mysterious figure disappeared as well, but not before saying:

"This will be the end of all heroes."

'What did they mean by that?' Karma pondered, trying to understand the peculiar statement or find some hidden meaning behind it. 'It doesn't make sense, did they mean people who do good? Were they taking people who are recognized as heroes? Nagisa's a good person but I wouldn't really call him a hero.' He placed a hand on his chin, "Unless he meant something else..."

After some more thinking, he eventually sighed and moved away from the tree with his hands in his pocket.

Nagisa had been taken by that mysterious person and nobody knew where he was, what was happening to him, how he was doing and why he was even taken in the first place.

Karma had so many questions, questions that couldn't be answered by anyone but the person who caused these questions to plague his mind.

But there hadn't been any trace of said person since the incident and that just added another question to his long list.

Where were they now?

He started walking towards his classmates, feeling as though nothing would come out of him contemplating alone. Still, he couldn't help but at least think, or rather hope, 'Nagisa...please be okay.'

~••| Heroes' World |••~

Nagisa had been deep in thought for the last hour. He was wearing a grey T-shirt and shorts of a darker shade and his hair was left untied, spread across his shoulders and upper back. His expression was relaxed yet somewhat tired.