Tripping Up

The next day past by in a blur and before Ethari knew it was the day he was going to visit his family. And it went by far too quickly if you asked him. The craftsman was still very worried about his husband. Runaan was still injured and no matter how much he tried to hide it from Ethari he knew how much he was struggling.

He turned over on his side so he could look at his husband. Runaan was fast asleep. Ethari decided to make the most of his last time in bed with the assassin for a week. He put his arms around his husband and held him lovingly. Of course Ethari knew that he couldn't stay like this forever and got up to go make breakfast.

Shortly after coming downstairs and starting on breakfast Rayla wandered into the kitchen still rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She slowly looked around before asking, "Where's Runaan?" The wee elfling looked up at Ethari with disappointment and worry evident in her eyes "Did he not come home yesterday?".

Ethari smiled down lovingly at his daughter. "No, he did." He said and Rayla sighed before he continued, "He was just a bit weak, moonbeam. And the reason you didn't see him yesterday was just because he left very early in the morning and came back very late at night whilst you were already asleep." The craftsman took out plates and dished out breakfast.

He frowned at the stairs when he saw them wondering why Runaan still hadn't come downstairs. Making up his mind Ethari sighed before heading towards the stairs. "I'll go get Runaan." The master craftsman said to Rayla over his shoulder. "Okay." Rayla replied uninterested.

"Oh and Rayla? No sneaking moonberry surprise for breakfast." Ethari said right as Rayla reached for her favourite dessert. The elfling huffed before going back to her seat. "You can have moonberry surprise for dessert tonight if you'd like?" "Fine." The elfling said before adding.

"But last time you said Runaan would make us moonberry surprise and he didn't. Also you're going away today and won't be able to make Runaan do it" She pointed out whining. Ethari sighed, "Don't worry Rayla I'll make sure he does just before I leave okay?" "Okay!" Rayla exclaimed.

"Good now hurry up and eat your breakfast! You've got school soon." He said before disappearing up the stairs. The craftsman slowly opened the door and peaked his head in to see Runaan up and already dressed, right about to go out the door.

The two elf eyes met and sparkled thinking the same thing. Suddenly they both surged forward and enveloped each other in a passionate kiss. After a moment they pulled apart breathless. They stared at one another not sure what to say before Runaan whispered "I have training." And Ethari dragged him down the stairs.

"I know but you can't go training without something to eat first. Now c'mon let's go have breakfast." Ethari said. Runaan sighed before agreeing "Fine." And following his husband down the stairs. As soon as they entered the kitchen Rayla sprang up from eating her breakfast and jumped onto Runaan.

This made him wince from the wee elfling squeezing the spot where he'd been stabbed. "Runaan!" Ethari and Rayla exclaimed. Rayla in excitement and Ethari in panic knowing that his daughter had jumped on the spot where Runaan had been stabbed. Ethari rushed over to his husband preparing for the worst.

"You're back!" She cried as the assassin hugged back. "Yes little blade I'm back. But could you stop squeezing me so hard?" He asked softly. "Oh, right! Sorry!" She said letting go of Runaan's middle letting Ethari's arms through to hold his love. "Are you alright my love?" He asked concerned.

"I'm fine." He said through gritted teeth whilst holding his side. Ethari sighed and said, "Come sit down." Leading his husband over to a chair. Ethari sat him down in it and reached for Runaan's shirt. He lifted it up and saw the angry red wound.The craftsman gasped and quickly went about looking for some sun tears, to help Runaan with the pain he was probably experiencing right now.