ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4

I thought that today was going to be different, due to the fact that it was a Monday. 

Boy was I wrong.

It was just as busy as yesterday, maybe even more so.

The place was full of kids too young to go to school, teenagers skipping class, and probably middle schoolers who claimed they were 'sick'.

Where are the parents of these children?

Sighing, I finally stand up from next to the machine, picking up the tools scattered across the floor.

A small smile creeps onto my face as I watch the game reboot and start up again.

When I noticed my favorite arcade game was broken down, I took it upon me to fix it, and maybe even make it better than it was before.

I rummage through my pockets, finding a quarter that I had picked up earlier. I'm sure no one would mind if I played one game.

As I was playing, the feeling of nostalgia crept through me. I couldn't help but smile throughout the game.

After I lost, the screen had begun flashing, signifying that I beat the previous highscore.

The previous holder had named themselves foxy, after the animatronic I assume.

"Wow, you're really good." A voice said from behind me.

"Thanks, I used to love this game when I was younger. It was my favourite actually." I said, turning around to face the voice.

I turn to see a young boy, maybe in his mid teens, looking at the highscore screen. He looked very familiar to someone I know, I just couldn't put my finger on who.

"It's my favourite game, too. That's why I have- well I guess had the highscore." He said looking at you.

"Well, you won't be getting that highscore back anytime soon, kid." I said, slightly smirking at him.

"Oh really? We'll see about that." He said, sending a smirk back and inserting a quarter to the game.

Finally something fun.

----

Michael and I had spent the past hour taking turns beating each others highscores.

I won, of course.

After our little competition, and me running out of quarters to use, me and Michael decided to sit down on one of the booths and get some pizza at my break.

As we were about to sit,  a certain someone put their hand on my shoulder from behind.

"I see you're getting acquainted with my son." said the owner of the hand.

Oh. So that's why he looked familiar.

"Yeah, we were just about to have lunch. Would you like to join." I said, trying to be nice.

As I looked towards Michael, I noticed he had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked him to join.

"I would love to, dear. But I have some work to attend to. Maybe some other time." He said, giving me a closed eye smile.

"I'll leave you two be now." he said, taking his hand off my shoulder and turning around.

"Have fun!" he said, walking off.

I turn around to Michael, seeing that he still had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

"I'll go get us some pizza, alright? Just sit down and wait for me." I said, receiving a nod in response.

---

"So how come you act like that around your father. Do you not like him?" I asked Michael, taking a slice out of my pizza.

"It's not that I don't like him... it's just that..." He said pausing. "I don't think I want to share this yet."

Michael definitely didn't seem like the same person I met a couple hours ago.

"It's alright. I won't force you to say it. But if you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm right here." I said, giving Michael a reassuring smile.

"Thanks y/n, I appreciate it." He said, returning the smile.

"Of course, Mike. Anytime." I said.

Michael and I continued bickering throughout my shift, oblivious to the pair of eyes occasionally watching.

---

Question of the chapter!

If you get a choice, what universe would you enter?

(Game universes or show universes)

I would enter the FNaF, DBZ or JJK Universe.