Prologue

Lauren/You – Just An Innocent – Prologue

Summary:

At the age of 16 years old, your sister who was aged 15 was abused by her 20 years old boyfriend. He would beat her down every now and then and he would force himself on her when she didn't want to please him. One day you find out everything and when you question your sister she told you she already took care of it and showed you her blood stained hands. She didn't kill him though. But he was now disabled because of her and couldn't even speak. You realized that she was going to go to jail because there was a high probability that she would have left evidences back at his place. So the next day, without warning, you went to the police station and confessed the assault, taking the blame for your sister. Before you are sent to jail you tell the whole story to your lawyer Clara Jauregui) and you beg her to take of your sister for you and she agrees to take her and treat her like her own daughter. 2 years later you are freed and Clara decides to welcome you to her place to give you some time to get back on your feet, finish school and all that. And that is to her daughter's, Lauren, displeasure. She don't want a murderer under her roof and hates you in the beginning. But soon she will get to know you and realize that she might be falling for who she thinks is a murderer but who in fact is JUST AN INNOCENT...

A/N: Hello there guys! Katy here! So I’ve had this prologue written for a long time but I was waiting to finish a few fics before starting a new and now that Teach Me, My Guardian Angel are over and that Never Loved Dancing So Much almost is completed as well, I can start this one! I hope you’ll like it! I have two more new fics coming!

Right Next To You (Which is a Dinah/You) and The Perfect One (Who’s probably gonna be a Fifth Harmony/You mini series).

Anyway, that will be for later. For now, here’s the prologue of Just An Innocent!

Your point of view

I wasn’t used to wearing jeans anymore, neither was I used to wearing leather jackets and booths. I had been used to that same old orange uniforms I had been wearing every day for two years now. But it was over now. Today was the end of all this nightmare. Today was finally the day I was recovering my freedom. As much as I knew I would have to face a lot of shit and people hating on me as soon as I was going to get out of here, I was happy to leave this place that held so many awful and painful memories for me. Soon I was surrounded by too guards as they were supposed to lead me outside. So I started walking, in direction of my freedom, of the start of my new life. As I walked, I earned many death glares from my own inmates but I stood still like I always should have. I kept my chin up, showing them that I wasn’t the girl I used to be when I first got here, and I wasn’t scared of them anymore. No matter how they had made my life hell, I was still here, standing, and I was going out. Finally the main door opened and light invaded the hallway. This was it, the day I was finally going be to the outside world. I stepped out and what stroke me was the deafening silence that surrounded me. I wasn’t expecting this. I wasn’t expecting everything to be quiet. My lawyer had told me that she was going to try to do everything she could to keep my release date a secret so that I wouldn’t be harassed by hordes of journalists or demonstrators that would express that I should “be rotting in jail for what I did”. Apparently she had done her job pretty well since there was no one here. I walked to the grid followed by one of the two guards and waited for him to open it which he did. This was it. The minute M. I finally passed the grid and finally I could consider myself out of jail and in the outside world. The guard closed the grid before walking back inside and I let myself take a deep breath as a smile appeared on my face. That was the scent of freedom, the scent of new beginnings, and the scent of innocence. Opening my eyes again, I was met by an extremely pleasant view and finally a grin made its way to my face as I started walking to the teary eyed 17 years old girl who was the reason I had been there in the first place. I stopped in front of her, taking a good look at her, analysing every single one of her features, enjoying how she was now a woman, how she had grown up and how happy she looked.