Chapter 8

Lauren/You – Just An Innocent – Chapter 8

A/N: Remember where we left off? You had kissed Lauren after she saved your ass! What do you think will happen after this little exchange??

Well read and find out, but little spoiler here: it's not gonna be all rainbows and butterflies, that would be too easy!

Enjoy!

Your point of view.

Awkward was the perfect word to describe the atmosphere in my bedroom right now. I couldn't look at her at all. I had no idea how I was supposed to act around her at the moment. I just knew that I couldn't meet those gorgeous emerald eyes of hers, too afraid to see disappointment in them, or even worse: disgust. So I stood there, leaning against the wall of my bedroom while she was sitting on the bed. I didn't need to look at her to know she was looking down, not wanting to meet my eyes either. It had been about 10 minutes or something – still felt like forever – since we had gotten home and silently agreed to go straight to my room knowing we'd have to talk about what I had just done, the line I had just crossed. I still didn't know what to say though and dumbly remained silent, too scared of having ruined everything already. But my silence was put to an end when she got up. Fear kicked in as I watch her walk towards the door and I grabbed her wrist, turning her around to face me and finally meeting her eyes. My breath hitched when I couldn't read the expression she had in her eyes. I couldn't tell if there was disgust, disappointment, hatred. Actually there was none of those, I just saw a flicker of what I chose to identify as shame and I looked away from her eyes. That was probably not such a good idea as my eyes fell to her lips instead and I found myself wanting to kiss her again, having loved the feeling of tenderness I had felt when I pressed my lips to hers earlier. I shook my head quickly realizing I was staring at her lips for too long and hoping she hadn't noticed.

"Where-" I coughed slightly trying to regain composure as my voice came out as cracked probably betraying my fear of losing her for good if she walked out the door. I hadn't realized how important she was to me until I was reminded that I could lose her. I didn't even have her in the first place, she hated me, at least she was forcing herself to do so, but still then, having her hate me was better than not having her at all, and I didn't want to lose her. "Where are you going?" I asked when I finally got my breathing and voice to its normal state.

"I have some homework I need to do." She answered casually shrugging and I realized I was still holding her wrist.

"But I was hoping we could...talk." I admitted taking my hand back and using it to scratch the back of my neck, clearly uncomfortable. How could she be so serene when I was a mess?

"I know. That's why I'm here. But you haven't said anything in the past 10 minutes so I think I got the message." She stated and started walking away again but I stopped her, again.

"What message?" I asked not quite following her train of thoughts and she was about to answer when Sarah appeared next to her. My eyes instantly widened at the sight of her wounded hands, reminding me instantly of what had happened before Lauren offered me a taste of heaven.

"I should go." Lauren said, trying to walk away again but I was afraid she wouldn't give me a chance to explain myself later so I followed her out of the room to the corridor and stopped her when we were alone.

"Lauren, please.." I begged and she obviously heard the vulnerability in my voice because she stopped and turned around to face me.

"We'll talk later." She said and I gave her a look that betrayed my skepticism. "I promise." She said causing a small smile to appear on my face before I nodded and with that she walked away.