Die for you

Chapter 2: in which Kate and Yelena have a fight and Yelena turns to Melina for advice this time, rather than rom-coms.

YELENA'S POV:

I laid in my bed thinking about how badly I fucked up with Kate. The fear of her breaking up with me has been haunting me since the moment I walked out of that office. 

I sighed and called the one person I had left, Melina

"Yelena?" 

"Мама" 

"Are you alright? I haven't heard from you in years" she asked with genuine concern

"god, I have a lot to fill you in on" I said through a sigh

"Well lucky for you, I have just about all day"

I told her about the blip, Clint and most importantly, Kate.

"You're dating Clint Barton's protégé?"

"Barton's protégé? Yes. You'd have to ask her about the dating part." I said putting my kind-of-mom on speaker and setting my phone on the nightstand before flopping back on my bed.

"Why would I have to ask her about the dating part? From what you told me of her she seems to be quite in love with you."

"We had a big fight earlier and that's kind of the whole reason I called you, since I don't really have anyone else and I need some advice" I explained as I began to shut my eyes

"Well I might be able to give you that, actually I myself had a girlfriend" My eyes shot open 

"That was unexpected" 

"If you think Alexei is the only person I've been with you are sadly mistaken. Do you really think I'm that unattractive?"

"Just help me please" I begged growing impatient

"Alright, alright. Why did you fight?"

"I told her not to go on a mission because I was scared she would get killed, you know normal girlfriend concerns. She went on the mission anyway and came home with a broken arm and a million scars. So obviously I got mad.... and I- we said some things I didn't mean which led to me storming out"

"What did you say?"

I swallowed nervously at the thought of what I had said to Kate during our argument

Flashback

"IT COULDVE BEEN WORSE KATE"

"SO WHY ARENT YOU THANKFUL THAT IT ISN'T YELENA?? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO PESSIMISTIC??"

"BECAUSE ALL I'VE EVER KNOWN IS THE WORST AND NOW THAT I HAVE YOU I DONT WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO YOU"

"THEN INSTEAD OF YELLING AT ME WHY DON'T YOU SAY "HEY HOW HAVE YOU BEEN I'VE BEEN SO WORRIED"?"

"IS THAT WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO? SORRY I HAD NO IDEA BECAUSE THE ONLY LOVE I'VE KNOWN IS GUESS WHAT? NONE!"

"YOUR FUCKED UP CHILDHOOD IS NOT MY FAULT YELENA. MY CHILDHOOD COULD'VE BEEN BETTER TOO YOU KNOW"

"YOUR DAD DIED WHEN YOU WERE TEN, HOW TRAGIC. AT LEAST YOU KNEW YOUR REAL FATHER KATE. AT LEAST YOU GREW UP WITH A MOTHER. I HAD THREE YEARS OF CHILDHOOD." I felt tears build up in my eyes.

"yelena wait, I didn't-" I slammed Kate's office door before she could finish her sentence

end of flashback

"I'd say that reaction was equally both your faults. Yelena, you're smart. you know what you need to do—or at least you should—go do it, go apologize. trust me, you'll get your hawkling back"

"Спасибо, мама"

"в любой момент"

I hung up the phone. alright Yelena, this is simple, you go buy her flowers, her favorite food and dress up in her favorite suit of yours. I put on my white blazer and matching pants with a black shirt under it. after getting ready I picked up some Chinese take-out for Kate and I and a slice of pizza for Lucky. I also picked up a bouquet of tulips.

I got to Kate's apartment knocking the door this time as I am in no position to invite myself in.

"Kate? It's me, I brought food, flowers and an apologetic smile"

the door opened slightly revealing the blue-gray eyes belonging to the woman I love most. Kate opened the door completely silently motioning for me to enter her apartment

"I'm sorry" I said handing her the flowers and setting the food down on the table "I shouldn't have brought up your dad or talk to you that way at all"

Kate stayed silent for a while causing me to grow worried "I- I'm sorry too. Bringing up the whole childhood thing, was pretty low." her expression was hard to read, I—Who had been trained to read emotions at the age of 12—couldn't tell how she felt

"P- please don't break up with me." she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion about to say something but I began to rant before she could open her mouth "Kate please i know I messed up I was just scared of how much i love you and that i would willingly throw myself in front of and/or hit someone with a bus for you without a second of hesitation. and I know we had a big falling out earlier but I was just worried and scared and I told you not to go on that mission and a part of me wanted to push myself away from you but you're just so amazing and I couldn't and you were right I was being pessimistic and I'm really really sorry. That's why I brough you food and I- I talked to Melina and you know my mother figure or whatever you wish to describe her as once had a girlfre-" Kate interrupted me by placing a sweet kiss on my lips which I quickly reciprocated. god it felt so good, kissing her again. it feels like it's been an eternity since I've touched my lips to hers.

"Wow, Belova. And you say talk too much. Also please refrain from jumping in front of or hitting anyone with a bus—at least in the near future"

"I make no promises" She giggled slightly and I placed my hands on her hips staring into her eyes with a soft smile which she returned and wrapped her hands around my neck. 

"hey alexa play 'Die for you' by The Weeknd" Kate said to the talking circle thing in her kitchen and the song starts playing as we begin to slow dance  until the song reached the chorus and we screamed the lyrics at the top of our lungs. we did that for every chorus and both Kate and I were on the couch by the last chorus "nice suit by the way" She complimented

god I love her.