⁰¹. ᶜᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵀᵒ ᴹᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘰 𝘔𝘦

WAVES CRASHED AGAINST THE HULL OF THE OLD AND BEAT UP BRIG. Sail's flapping, turning desperately with the helm that spun out of control. Grey clouds plaguing the skies, the white flashes of lighting, dancing across the sky like a jig. It's thunder bombing with it as it arrived only a few seconds after. A nightmare was the closest Arthur could correlate it with as he scrambled across the deck.

Pant's slipping past his lips in a foreign chant with his hands grasping the wooden wheel. The blister's pierced his calloused hands, turning them into a bloodied mess before the storm had even settled in. This blistering wind would surely kill him before he ever reached his destination. That said destination stood miles away. An island, light beaming from it and shooting upwards towards the sky. A place of salvation, hope, and knowledge that he sought out.

Water splashed up from the ocean, swamping the deck and blinding the king. "Bloody bastard!" A hand raised to his face, wiping desperately to clear his vision. He was so close. He could make it, he just had to hold on for only a few more.

"You promised me!" The voice of his wife, Guinevere yelled. Attracting his attention for what only seemed a moment. But at that moment, he had been able to see the beauty of her once more. Her body draped in a beautiful silk green dress that hugged her body elegantly with ease. Natural curly black locks shone with a fresh layer of water that stuck to her forehead and dress.

Only, at that moment, he saw the same pain as he once did when he left. It flashed in her eyes, the tears that brimmed in his eyes. Leaving the man wondering it was just the ocean water hitting her features. Or the genuine anger, frustration, and hurt that was reminding him of what he lost all those weeks ago.

"Why did you leave?" Guinevere shouted. "You had everything you ever wanted."

"You left me!" Arthur yelled. "You left me when I needed you the most. When I had nothing, I had you and you just left me!"

"But you had me!" She cried. "What is it that you wanted more? Did I not have the ability to make you happy anymore?"

"I'm so close, Guinevere!" He told her. "I'm nearly there, I almost have what I need. Please, my love! Just let me do this!"

The current's had the boat knocked off course, pushing it with the wave that hit the side of the Brig. Slipping the man's grip around the helm and sweeping his balance out from under him. Back meeting the hard soaked deck, head erupting in pain as he got back to his feet and grabbed one of the knobs from the helm. Yelling out as he forcefully turned the wheel, pushing it back onto the course. Almost there.