⁰². ᴼⁿᵉ ᵀʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᴮᵉ ᴷᵉᵖᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘉𝘦 𝘒𝘦𝘱𝘵

SOME COULD SAY THAT DUNCAN HAD BEEN A HISTORY GEEK SINCE HE WAS JUST A CHILD. By some meant both his parents and Flora as they had been ones to bear to witness his multitude of boxes filled to the brim with history books. Call him obsessive, but he was knowledgeable in that entire field. Did him some good in History class back in high school, not so much any of the other subjects. Becoming a teacher had been his childhood goal, but with ADHD, there was no shot he could get anything done.

But the only reason he'd gotten into was his mother. Telling him these outlandish and almost imaginative stories that always had put him to sleep. When he got older, he learned that these were not just stories but actual things that happened in history. Recorded in books that would be found thousands upon thousands of years later. It astonished him every single time he thought about it and left him wondering if these were genuinely true tales and what happened.

Then again, Thor was real and so was Loki. How far off would he be to question the existence of other gods? Which had led him to sit in his living room, scrounging around in the boxes. Looking for all the stories of Athena and everything else on her. Alway's having had a weird fascination with the goddess of war. Perhaps it had been because her mother made this goddess out to be the most beautiful and dangerous woman ever. Or maybe he'd just been interested in this woman because of the correlation that she and Thena had.

Thankfully, he'd been able to research in peace as Flora had found solitude on the love seat with her headphones in. Having dozed off minutes after returning to their house and watering her plants. He hadn't paid much mind to her quiet mutterings to each plant. Knowing this woman's attachment for whatever odd reason it may be. He loved her as a sister either way.

The buzzing of his phone drew his attention. Placing down a book filled with tales that his mother had written straight from a book passed down by her father and his father before him. Picking it up to find it to be his mother.

A soft smile pressed upon his lips as he slid this thumb across the screen, placing the phone against his ear. "Hey, mum."

"Hello, honey," the woman greeted. "I thought I would check-in and see how you were doing. Did I wake you?"

Her worried tone made him chuckle. "No, mum," he assured, "I'm wide awake. Just doing some research. Haven't been able to sleep as of late."

"Oh, sweetheart," Samara cooed softly. "What has been going on in your mind, baby?"

"What do you know of Athena?" He asked as he silently thanked his mother for calling him at one of the best times. Having already spent hours reading, trying to align anything that may have correlated with King Arthur. Only coming up on manuscripts from his mother's collection speaking of the king as he had been unfaithful with Guinevere, yet she stayed with him. The specifics of how many women have ranged from half a dozen, but none that were specific to what he's looking for. Leading him to his first dead-end of the night.