⁰³. ᴬ ᴸᵃᵏᵉ ᵒᶠ ᶠⁱʳᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝘈 𝘓𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦

"WE HAVE TO BUILD THESE NEW FLOWER BEDS, DUNCAN," Flora scolded. "We don't have time for you to do this."

"You mean, you don't," he corrected, smiling. "I have all the time in the world considering I've built everything here. So, I'm going to take my little moment of rest to have a drink of water."

A wicked smirk tugged at the corners of the man's lips as he watched Flora huff and walk inside. Begrudgingly going to grab a cup of her water as she was undoubtedly exhausted from the warm weather today. But that hadn't been what bothered her; it was Duncan. The man's usual mood had improved simply overnight. The reason being; no nightmare. Which was unsettling, to say the least.

A breath of fresh air was the closest thing to it for Duncan. Getting the hours of sleep he needed to properly operate without being on the brink of passing out. It truly was something great and Duncan was allowing himself to be indulged in the feeling while he could. That hadn't meant he didn't stop researching for a few more minutes, because he had. Looking more into Athena and was not at all surprised to find out that the woman he saw in his dreams was the same. Her goddamn statue looked exactly like her. But the dream and what he saw yesterday wouldn't do her beauty any justice.

But that was where the man stood now as he took a sip from his water bottle. Placing it down on the small table located under a tarp attached to the greenhouse only a mere few feet away for shade. Grabbing two bags of dirt and hoisting them on his shoulders and made his way across the built garden and to the new flower beds he built yesterday.

His and Flora's small business had come to fruition when they moved to Australia. Placed a downpayment on the place and did all their renovations and built everything that stood now. Flora is the brains and Duncan is the brawn. Although, he did allow himself to put the hammer down and plant a few seeds once and a while. Something about it calms him and he tries to soak it in for as long as he can before Flora comes over scolding him for putting them in the wrong spots despite her many teachings over the months. Damn well knowing the man would likely just trail off and lose his attention.

But besides that, it took them 2 months to get everything up and going and for 4 months, it's been going amazing. Allowing them to have enough money to live on and work. Pay their employees that they worked alongside. It was a good life for them and it helped that instead of staying inside an office, Duncan had decided to get his hands dirty. Leaving all the logistics and money to Flora who was far more experienced in that department.