025. ivan's birthday

ROWAN SANTOS

  "ROWAN!" Ivan ran up to me as soon as I opened my front door, "What did you get me? What did you get me?" He continued to repeat the same question over and over again, "Is it a phone?" Imagine

"I'm not answering any of them questions." I let him inside to see most of his friends waiting for him. They all crowded him and passed him bags of gifts.

Most parents and Florence had stayed in the kitchen whilst the kids raided my living room and played Paw Patrol on the TV. "You house looks nicely decorated, how long did it take?" Florence stood besides me with her can of sprite in her hands.

"Took so fucking long, Ivan these days can be so fucking picky." I rolled my eyes and looked at Ivan, who was busy playing with his new lego set of a Ferrari, whilst showing off the rest of his gifts to mum and dad.

I would cringe every-time one kid would fight over who could get to play on my iPad, oh I can imagine them disgusting finger prints on them. "Yeah I know, I'm better looking than my cousin." Ivan spoke proudly as he pointed at the framed photo of me, him and Davi in Brazil during the same of 2019.

"You and Davi look slightly similar." One of his classmates say and he immediately took offence to it. "Excuse me? I find that insulting." Ivan scoffed and took the framed photo out of the kids hand.

"Ivan don't be rude." I was next to take the photo out of his hands and place it back in the shelf with my other photos of him and the rest of my family.

My phone started ringing and I answered it to see Neymar face-timing with me with an annoyed Davi sulking to the screen. I sat next to Ivan and held my phone to him. "Davi, come on are you going to say it?" Neymar looks down at his son.

"Happy birthday Ivan." Davi sulked and whined before looking away from the phone. "Psh I know, I expect a gift by the way." I slapped his arm, "Ow! I mean, thanks Davi." This kid has one of the most fakest smiles.

I heard some loud knocks coming from my door. I wasn't really expecting anyone else. "Kai?" He stood outside my house with a perfectly wrapped gift in his hands, I immediately invited him inside.

"I promised Ivan that I'd come to his party." Kai awkwardly walked into the living room just behind me. Ivan immediately looked at Kai and ran immediately towards him just so he could unwrap his birthday present.

"Mum!" Ivan ran into the kitchen, "Look what Kai got me!" He held his present up in the air with pure excitement. It was only a smaller version of Thor's Stormbreaker hammer which was only made of plastic.

"Watch him attack me with it now." I sulked at Kai and nudged him on the side, "But thank you for coming, Ivan is probably grateful that you're here." I hugged him from the side before my parents stole him from me.

"Oh Kai!" My mum hugged him tightly before squeezing his cheeks, "Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming!"

"Oh it's nothing, Rowan sent me about 50 seth messages so I just had to come." Wait, I sent what? I immediately took my phone out and scrolled past my old messages with Kai.