026. still in love

IVAN SANTOS

  "IVAN WHERE are the keys?" Kai yells from the bottom of the stairs

  "IVAN WHERE are the keys?" Kai yells from the bottom of the stairs. Ugh, he's actually making me go downstairs to help him. I slowly got up on both my legs and ran down the stairs then found the keys under the mail.

"Now don't call me down again please, I was so comfortable just now and- ow!" I stubbed my toe on accident which sent my bottle of orange juice accidentally spilling on Kai's top.

"Ivan." Kai groans and quickly ran upstairs, "You answer the door!"

No.

"Rowan! Someone's at the door." Rowan then came walking towards me with an annoyed look on her face before unlocking the door. Him.

"Happy Birthday kid." Jack smiles as he passed me a gift that was wrapped in plain blue wrapping paper. I immediately opened it but frowned when I look at what he had gotten me.

A new lego set. I read the note that was attached to the gift Kack had written. Happy Birthday, Kid, I love you as if you're my little brother. Planning on building this set with you soon. Love Jack.

Was it bad that I'd rather build this new lego set with Kai?

"What happened to LA?" Rowan mumbles to her boyfriend, "Are you here to say sorry or?" I had forgotten about the incident between her and Jack.

"I'm here to greet Ivan a happy birthday, I decided to stay for him." Her heart must have shattered, he wasn't here to say sorry nor goodbye to her. "So were you not planning on talking to me at all." Rowan wipes her eyes.

"Look I just needed a bit of space Rowan and-" I heard Kai drop something in Rowan's bedroom. "Who was that?" Jack frowns but his frown got, even more, deeper when he saw both my parents in the living room.

"Ivan who was it?" Kai jogged down the stairs whilst putting his yellow hoodie on being completely oblivious that Jack was at the front door. I immediately ran up the stairs and forcefully pushed Kai back up and hid him in the bedroom. "Jeez, you're definitely related to Rowan alright." He winced.

"Shh!" I covered my hand over his mouth, "Jack is downstairs." His eyes widened. From before, I knew Kai hated Jack and for all I know, Jack was skeptical over him.

"What's going on with Kai and your sister?" Jack asked me whilst we were busy building with my new lego set he had gotten me.

"Who's Kai?" I asked knowing I knew God damn well who Kai was.

"Ivan you know who I'm on about." Jack shakes his head and passed me another piece of lego to me, "I don't know, I hear her and Hunter talking about Kai Havertz all the time. I won't act like I've seen them together as well."

"What if they dated?" That was not supposed to come out of my mouth, "Psh imagine Rowan dating that smelly Kai Havertz..." I faked a laugh, "okay I'll be quiet now."

"Ivan, what are you trying to say?"

"I don't know what you're on about." I cross my arms and huffed out loud. Mental note: Do NOT tell Rowan I accidentally spilled her secret to her boyfriend.

"You told him what?" Kai forcefully removes my hand, all I could do was laugh and try and make this awkward moment funny before I broke character, "I didn't mean to! I promise, it just slipped out of my mouth."

With a whisper, I continued to speak "And I didn't mean about you being smelly..." Yes, I was. 

•••
ROWAN SANTOS

"Who was that?" Jack furrowed his eyebrows, "Definitely not Ivan or your dad." I rolled my eyes at him and when I was about to shut my door, he stopped me.

"Was that Kai?" He whispers.

"Yeah," I nodded, I had nothing to hide from him, plus Kai was a family friend. "I know you and Kai's past, Ivan told me. He told me how you guys grew up together and dated. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I guess, I just wanted to forget about him. Ever since we moved away from Germany I cut him off completely, I guess I tried not to let the past catch up to me." I answered truthfully. I moved my braids out of the way and invited him inside, both my parents waved at him before excusing themselves outside.

"Is this why you've been distance?" I furrowed my eyebrows as me and Jack sat close to one another on my sofa, "Because of what me and Kai use to have?"

All Jack did was sigh and combed his hand through his hair, "Yeah I guess, I don't know how to say it without sounding jealous but I see you still have feelings. I guess I just backed down a little so you could figure it out."

"Me? Feelings for Kai?" I choked out a laugh and playfully placed my hand on Jack's shoulder, "No, no, I could never." I immediately took my hand off his shoulder and sternly looked him in the eye.

"Rowan..." Jack shifted himself on the couch so he was fully facing me, "I'm being serious here. If you can't see how he looks madly in love with you then I'm probably blind."

"Well, you do have glasses for a reason.." I pouted my lip slightly and looked down on my lap. I wouldn't lie if I said I hadn't noticed, I knew Kai still had feelings for me I mean who couldn't make it any less obvious from hours ago. "Look I know his feelings towards me, but it didn't stop me from loving you."

I looked at him but I just couldn't feel that love anymore, and I knew he couldn't as well. "You know I love you right?" He whispers. I gently nodded my head and tried not to cry since I knew what was about to happen next, "But this isn't going to work."

"I know," I whispered trying to hold back a sob. He pulled me into my chest for one last time, we stayed like this for a while before I walked him out to the front door. "You stay safe alright?" He tilts his head to the side and wiped his puffy eyes.

"Likewise, make sure Amara, Carlos, and Ivan are doing well." Jack lightly laughed which led a smoke of air to come out of his mouth due to the cold.

"Do you want this back?" I quickly took off the gold bracelet of my wrist and before I could give it back to Jack, he placed it back on my wrist. "Keep it, it'll be stupid of me to take it back." He smiled.

Me and Jack breaking up. God I hope we made the right decision and once the door had shut, I was on the verge of crying

AUTHOR SPEAKS
hiiii it's been so long since i've updated. i've been taking some time yk catching up on work and that, it's not rly fun and that. prolly most of u guys r happy that rowan and jack r no longer a couple soooo you know what that means :))))))

ily all <3