Part 4: Dead (Released early in celebration of nearly 50 followers :) )

****Warning, there is a little swearing in the next part****

Part 4: Dead 

//I hate her, Julia Simmons. The rich bitch gets any and everything she wants. Boys worship her like a goddess, teacher’s think she is an angel, and all the underclassmen want to be her. She is an idol, many can’t help but sing praises for her. They seem to all conveniently forget that fact that she is a bully.  

In elementary school she put gum in my pigtails. In middle school she threw my retainer into the school’s dumpster. Most importantly, she has treated me just as poor as she treats her hair. Just like her hair she bleaches me, clearing away all the past actions she made, and tries to apologize. For a while she treats me kindly, giving me the respect that she usually reserves for the rest of the human race. In the matter of a few days, she turns into a tyrant and treats me cruelly. It is like her opinion of me is on a roller coaster, and is always drifting from pure hatred to mild kindness.  

“Julia, I made you something,” I say in the sweetest voice possible, tapping her right shoulder with my index finger to gain her attention. “I made you a cupcake... I heard that you are running for Prom Queen, so I thought I would give you a good-luck cupcake.” She responds with a small smile and a thankful nod. 

She is a fool. 

She deserves to be taught a lesson. 

When the bell to dismiss us for the day rings, I try to tell myself the I did the right thing. SHE DESERVES IT, SHE DESERVES IT, I chant to myself within my head, my stomach meanwhile doing flips. SHE DESERVES IT, SHE DESERVES IT... Swallowing nervously, the sound of sirens echo within my ears as I walk down the main hallway, a hallway full of gossiping people. 

‘She just suddenly collapsed...’  a petite girl whispers.

‘She was having a seizure...’  a tall boy adds.

‘It happened right after lunch...’  an underclassman notes.

‘She wasn’t breathing...’  a teacher says with watery eyes.  

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I only put enough in to make her sick! She was only supposed to get sick! I never meant to kill her! They can save her, can’t they? They should be able to save her... 

What if they can’t?  

What if...

The pace of my footsteps gradually increases until I’m running, sprinting, desperate to get away. If only you could outrun guilt...  If only I had never given her that cupcake... I should never have given her it...  Who knew that her peanut allergy was that extreme? 

“You’ll win for sure now!” a voice hollers from behind me, accompanied by the sound of clicking heels. There are only two girls who wear high heels at my high school, Julia Simmons and Emily Parker. Emily Parker, Julia’s best friend... She told me that Julia was ‘slightly’ allergic to peanuts. She was wrong... Julia is EXTREMELY allergic to peanuts. Because of her, Julia is dead. Because of her, I am a murderer. She laughs at me, a cackle that echoes like thunder. It resonates so loud that I don’t hear the pickup truck approaching before it is too late.// 

“All of this is pointless,” I whisper, staring at my sneaker clad feet. “I’m dead... I’m dead...” my companion giggles in response.  

“Oh Elizabeth” she croons, “If you play with fire, you get burned. You killed, and got killed. In my opinion you got what you deserve. It’s a good thing you’re dead, because now I’ll definitely be the one to live, to escape from this peculiar place. Say hello to Julia for me. I’d say hello myself but I’m not dead. Even when I die, I’m going to Heaven, a place you can only dream of. We all know murders go to hell.” 

HELL. 

AM 

GOING 

TO 

HELL. 

“Y-Y-You’re alive,” the normally calm Decim stammers, shocked, his sky blue eyes open wide, and mouth hanging open. “You can’t be alive... You can’t... Everyone that comes here is supposed to...” 

Ginti muffles the rest of Decim’s words with one of his meaty hands. Giving Decim, a man with strange white hair a reassuring pat on the back he says, “Emily is just a little confused. You’re dead Emily, aren’t you? Didn’t you get hit by the car too?” 

Emily chuckles before responding, “Unlike Elizabeth, I saw the car coming. I saw it coming for quite a while. You could even say I predicted when it would drive by...”

We all remain silent as we struggle to make sense of it all. With anger rising within me, I come to a shocking an unexpected conclusion, “You HIRED someone to hit me? You HIRED someone to kill me?”

“You put it in such a nasty way... I used trash to eliminate trash. I was and am cleansing the Earth. I’m HELPING the human race!” her voice steadily rises until she is hollering, and laughing mechanically. “So be a good girl and go to Hell, the only place where you belong.”