4

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

𝟒. 𝐒𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐚𝐫

"Keep your stance upright."

His voice was soft yet it resonated throughout the whole room. His large fingers lifted Sòl's small arm delicately, not wanting to hurt the child. He then told her to do the stance he had told her, a smile grew on his face when he saw his daughter having difficulties.

"Watch," Surtur instructed, causing Sòl to lower her sword and look up at the fire giant that was her Father. Surtur did not stand from his stone throne, instead, he showed her how to group a sword properly. Sòl followed his movements, her brown eyes surveying his grip.

After his short demonstration, Surtur turned his head and shot Sòl an anticipating look, compelling her to mimic what he had shown her.

And that she did, though, sloppily, and unceremoniously.

At one point, she had dropped her sword and she released a frustrated huff while stomping her foot. A flicker of amusement appeared in the Fire Giant's eyes, his low chuckle echoing in the throne room.

"I can't do it." Sòl grumbles, a pout in her lips and her arms crossed over her chest.

His large fingers reached down to bee won't frame, nudging her. "Its only the beginning of your training, sunshine. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it."

"But what if I don't?" Sòl questioned, eyebrows scrunched together in worry. She tilted her head so that she could gaze upon her Father, who was a giant. "What if I don't 'get the hang of it', what then?"

"You worry too much, sunshine." Surtur kidded, "We might not get it right the first time but, with a lot of practice."

Surtur picked up the small sword and placed it back to her hands. The blade where Surtur had touched was warm, he continued. "You will be one of the greats."

Sòl's eyes grew wide, hope flickered in them. "Like you?"

The giant laughed humbly, "Sure, sunshine. Sure."

•••

Sòl awake to someone shaking her body. A faint voice called to her though it was hard to focus on the sound with the pain in the back of her head. She had to wait until the pain subsides before she could hear the voice calling out to her.

It was deep, filled with worry as they continued to call to her. Her eyes filtered open, at first, her vision was blurry, all she could see through her clouded vision was a nest of long blonde hair. It didn't take her much to realize that it was Thor.