7

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━

𝟕. 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤

Cheers thundered around the area, causing light tremors. Sól stood beside Korg as many battles went on, at one point, she grew impatient and left him to watch the battles alone. It wouldn't be long now, because after a couple more fights before she and Thor would jump into the first to fight the Grandmaster's Champion.

She pulled out the short sword Thor handed her earlier. She moved the blade until she could see the reflection of her eyes, looking back at her. At that moment, she wished her sword was with her then, the battle would be an easy one.

Surtur had it made special for her. It was a sword whose blade remained hot. Runes inscribed its sheaths to keep it from burning.

Sól found herself smiling at the memory of herself. Sól tightened the wrap around her weird handle to give herself a better grip on it for the fight when she heard a low voice speaking not too far from where she sat. Curious about what it was, she sheath the sword and stood up, following the voice until it led her to one spot in the dungeons where the noise of the cheering crowd was muffled.

When she rounded a corner, she caught a glimpse of a hunched figure in the corner, she immediately hid behind the wall before peering over it. When she saw the head of blonde hair, she immediately recognized that it was Thor.

He was on both of his knees, facing the wall while reciting a silent prayer to his father. He prayed that this fight would be an easy one so that he may be able the escape the Grandmaster and return to Asgard. Sól knew better than to eavesdrop on him and so, decided to leave, until he heard her name come out of his mouth.

Her breath hitched, eyes widened in surprise as she froze in place.

Sól couldn't believe what she was hearing, did Thor include her in his prayers, his enemy? The very person trying to kill him? But why?

Conflicted thoughts popped into her mind, questions that she could not find the answers to. More importantly, she wondered what this rising feeling in her chest, she felt...warm.

"Sól." His deep voice caused Sól to flinch and snap her head to him with a surprised look on her face. "Is something the matter?"

"No, everything is fine."

Thor shot her scrutinizing gaze before raising his hand. Before Sól realized what he was doing, Thor rested his hand over her forehead.

"What are you doing?" She questioned him as she shook her head away from his grasp and took a step back.

"Your cheeks are all flushed, are you sick?" He pointed out, his gaze on her face never wavering. His scrutinizing gaze turned to one that held concern. He held his hand to her again, only for her to slap it away whilst she held a hand over her mouth in an attempt to obscure her face from him.