ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8: ᴛʜᴜᴍʙᴅʀɪᴠᴇ

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟼

It's the next day, Tuesday morning. Janet picked me up from Crystal's house last night. She kept asking me questions about the sleepover. I didn't answer to none of them. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I couldn't even look her in the eye. If I did, I would lash out. There was so much angry inside me that i almost couldn't handle it. Sixteen years of lies thrown in my face. How could they do this to me? Why did they do this to me? What did I do to not deserve the truth? This is heartbreaking. I trusted these people with my life. I told them things that I was embarrassed about. I let them think that I wanted to be the future owner of Jackson Productions. These people aren't my family. Dad isn't even my dad. He's just some rich businessman that want's me to take his place in the future for when he retires. I don't even want to be the future owner. Fucking ridiculous!

When I came home, everyone was in the living room. They were smiling & laughing like everything is fucking normal. The sight of them made my stomach ache. I felt sick to the point i almost threw up. They call themselves my uncle's & aunt's, grandma & grandpa. He calls himself my father. I feel so betrayed. How could they lie to me? How could he lie to me? All those times he told me he loved me, he would never hurt me & that he would always protect me. He even signed a contract. He promised to never break that contract. Never, Lies. He's a stranger to me so as the others. But I'm going to keep this a secret for a while. Let see how they will act when their precious baby girl is distance from them.

Mayte called me earlier & told me about Crystal. Her & Crystal are currently grounded by their parents. They found out about the gambling party from a couple of coworkers at work. (They must've been there.) Mayte can't leave home on the weekends & Crystal's credit card was taken. (Some punishment for her spoiled ass.) But they are allowed to go to the Boys & Girls club still. So I'll be able to see them there.

As I lay in my bed, I thought about the thumbdrive. I haven't got a chance to look at it again. When I read that file the first time, it capture my attention. Who was Michael writing about? My curiosity kicks in quickly at that thought. I have to read more. I got off the bed & went over to my jewelry box. I flipped it over to the bottom & took off the cover. I taped the thumb drive to the bottom just in case Michael come looking for it. I held the small thumb drive in my hand. Time to see what else is on it.

I pulled out my laptop & plugged the drive in. Multiple files popped up in different names. Am i prepared to see what's on this thumbdrive? No, but it's too late to turn back now. Which one should I read first? I randomly clicked one named "Sign 'O' The Times". The document was named 1987.

"New year, new me. I've changed a lot over the past year. My attuide has changed. I switched up my wardrobe as well. It's not bad but competely different from what i wear on the daily basis. I even started wearing my hair in jheri curls. (Latoya suggested it.) As for him, he has changed way more then I did. He suddenly developed this semi-normal style. Its a mixture of his normal style & a good quirky. His personality has improved a lot. It's gotten better, actually. When I invited him over for family dinner tonight, he was incredibly nice to everyone including my mother. He even asked Dunk out on a date. (I don't approve of them dating.) I guess he found a new attitude over the year. I hope it stays like this way forever. Last night, he told me he had a dream. It was about a man who died from a bad disease. His girlfriend killed herself because of his death. Then, a couple of seventeen year old boys were in a gang called The Disciplines. They were doing crack & carried machine guns. Mysteriously, a hurricane ripped the ceiling off a church & killed everyone inside. He said he turned on the TV & everyone across the state died. After all that, everything went black. He claims all of this happened at once. He wasn't scared nor spectacle about it. His expression was blank when he told me this. Was it a bad lucid dream? Or maybe a bad hallucination? Could he be lying? Or is he just messing with me? Who knows with him? He had a name for this dream. He called it "Sign "O" The Times"."