Chapter Five: The Failed Attempt

Kai- "So Question, are we all going to Vegas or is it just you and Jack?"

Cove- " Me and Jack are going down tonight around 6pm, and you guys are going down on Friday."

Kai- "So you guys are going to be in a car alone?"

Cove- "No, we are going to be on a plane."

Kai- "And then a hotel room by y'alls selves?"

Cove- "Yes."

Jake- "Interesting."

Cove- "why is that interesting?"

Jake- (Laughing) "Just is, right Zac?"

Everyone looks over at Zac Confused

Zac- "Whatever you say dude"

6pm starts to roll around and everyone is helping load the taxi

Zac and cove alone in the cafe

Zac- "Why didn't you pick me to go with you?'

Cove- "Because I need this team to trust me, and if I picked you then it would be clear that I don't"

Zac- "So you had tp [ick the one guy that has a thing for you?"

Cove- "He doesn't have a thing for me and even if he did, that's not why I picked him."

Zac- "So why did you?"

Cove- "It was a random pick Zachary. I just chose the first person I looked at when I had to decide. If Kai and I made eye contact first he would be going with me."

Zac- (sighs) "please just be safe, and call if you need me. I'll be on the first flight out."

Cove and Zac huge

Cove- " I know and I will be fine. Just get ready."

Cove walks out, tells everyone by, and gets into the taxi.

IN THE TAXI:

Jack- " Does Zac not trust me?"

Cove- "It's not that one doesn't trust you, it's the fact that you have a thing for me that bothers him."

Jack- "HA, A thing for you? And how could you possibly know for a fact that I have a thing for you?"

Cove- "well one, You just told me. And two it was just an observation."

Jack- "Um, I didn't tell you anything. I just asked how you knew that for a fact."

Cove- "true, but the way you smiled and your body language changed when I mentioned it says a lot."

Jack- "body language? Hey listen if you want you're into me just say that no need to make false narratives."

Cove- "False?"

Jack- "Yes, as in not true."

Cove- "hm, Okay."

BACK AT THE CAMP:

Kai- "dude you've been staring at outside for like 30min what's wrong."

Zac- "Nothing"

Kai- "Listen, when I first got here I didn't trust anyone either, and I came here alone."

Zac- "Nice story. I came here with my best friend and now she's no where in my sight so I don't know how safe she is."

Kai- "She's with Jack, she's more than fine."

Zac looks at Kai in frustration

Kai- "Not like that, I mean he can protect her if anyone were to try and mess with them. She's going to be fine."