Kabanata 6

Kabanata 6 DS.

"Nice? Are you okay, darling?" Tita Iyana asked.

We're currently dining with Tita Iyana and Tito Zenondo. Zane is beside me and Tita Iyana and Tito Zenondo is infront of us. Zero is... I don't know where he is. Maybe he's on training?

"Y-yes po, Tita." I smiled to assure her that I'm okay.

Tumikhim si Tito at tumingin sa akin. For the first time nilukob ng kaba ang aking dibdib dahil matagal ang titig nito. Tila may awa.

"The..." tumikhim si Tito bago nagsalitang muli. "The Romualdez Industries sent me a letter yesterday. They would like to withdraw their shares in our company." Tito said.

Napakagat ako sa ibabang labi ko at mahigpit na hinawakan ang aking kubyertos. I felt Zane's hand in mine. I looked at her and she smiled again. Telling me that she's just there.

"Honey," I looked at Tita Iyana and she smiled sweetly at me before looking at his husband.

"Niceiña had been a good daughter to them. Let them withdraw, I will also withdraw my shares to their company. Maybe they just forgot that I'm the one financing one of their projects in Chicago. I'm their greatest investor." she glanced at me and winked.

"If they're gonna start a war, they shouldn't have started it with us, Mondragon. Mondragon will never throw bread once they threw a fit of nonsense. We should throw them instead. They're the trash here." dagdag ni Tita na ikina-nganga ko.

"Niceiña is one of our family now. I will always go with her. If her family keeps on messing around, let them. As long as Niceiña is having the best of her life. That's what matters. She had been deprived of things under her family. I want her to be happy now." she said and motioned me to continue eating.

Gusto kong maiyak. Gusto kong yakapin agad si Tita. I have been always wanted to put my happiness first way back then. That, when can I experience those? Having the best time of my life. I was chained. I was prisoned. And now, I am here. Tita Iyana is giving me my best life like I am her kid.

"Tita..." I whispered when I saw her at the veranda of their mansion. Yes, Zane told me that we're sleeping in the mansion tonight. Babalik din kami sa condo bukas.

"Oh? Iha? Why are you here it's already 11 pm? I heard pagod ka sa trabaho at nag dine in pa tayo kanina. You should be resting." nag-aalala niyang sambit.

Walang salitang lumapit ako sa kanya at niyakap siya ng mahigpit. For the first time, I feel relieved. Ang gaan sa pakiramdam. I can feel her motherly love.

"Thank you," agad na tumulo ang luha sa aking mga mata.

"Thank you saan? Bakit ka umiiyak?" nag-aalala niyang tanong.

"I...I was deprived of attention, love, care, and time by my parents." humikbi ako. "This feels so surreal. I... I'm so glad, I met you Tita. For the first time in my existence, I feel like you're the one I looked up to as a mother figure. You're making me feel your kindness and your motherly love. Thank you is not enough Tita. I'm really grateful. Malaki ang naitulong niyo sa akin." I said sobbing.

Hinaplos niya ang aking likod at pinatahan ako. Ngumiti siya sa akin at agad na tumawa.

"Ang ganda mong bata, iha. Kaya wag kanang umiiyak, hindi bagay sa iyo ang umiiyak. Nagpapasalamat din ako dahil nakilala kita. Napakabuti mong bata. Kaya hindi ko mawari kung bakit ganoon kahigpit ang sinapit mo." pinunasan niya ang luha sa aking mga mata.

"Hanggang buhay ako, ituturing kitang akin, Niceiña." she whispered.

"You're still awake?" agad kong nilingon kung nasaan ang tinig na iyon.