[2/?] Almond x Fem!Reader

The woman talked for a long while. Almond normally would be annoyed by this, but she was quite different. She engaged Almond into conversation almost as if they'd known each other their whole lives. Even with the open ended questions and statements she would give, Almond limited his words as always.

Almond had practically followed her around the whole building. It was not that huge of a deal though, as he finished al his papers for the week and was just working on the new case, whenever she was ready...

"Y/N, what other papers must you do before we can start investigating our first case together?"

She seemed surprised due to the fact Almond finally gave more words rather than 3 at a time. She thought for a moment, propping her fingers on her chin as she replicated an analytical expression.

"I suppose not. We can start the case as soon as I deliver these papers."

"These" referred to the papers Almond was carrying. She asked of favors like he were a lap dog. Though, he did not deny these requests and ended up helping the lady with her work.

Y/N spoke again, "Do you not have anything either?" She gazed over at the much taller male, who in turn, got a bit frantic from the eye contact. He turned his head a bit, lowering it, "Ah uhm.- No. I get things done rather quickly, I would say."

"Interesting."

"Mh."

A small silence filled the hallway as they walked. Almond tried to speak of something—something as old friends would—as if they had been close for a awhile, just how she did to him. He sighed in frustration, for he could not do it as well as she.

Y/N smiled to herself, "You really seem to be struggling over there." Almond scoffed as response, though he was a bit flustered from her pointing out the obvious, "See, I'm not very great and started conversations" she chuckled a bit.

"Yeah that's obvious, but no worries!"

They continued to do Y/N's minimal work, they had to in order to get to the actual case. Hopefully he wouldn't have to help her with anymore in the following days. She must have procrastinated for a long time to form this pile up of work.