[1/?] Unlikely Encounter [Espresseleine Angst]

Suggested by @quizzya_

w/ Madeleine's FamJam

Madeleine sat with his family at dinner. Some random restaurant that served food he never liked. He sighed softly while looking at the menu. Nothing was ever appealing on it.

He simply looked down and played with his hands. Besides, everyone else was doing their own thing. Cream Puff drew with crayons as she sipped on a milk shake. His mom and dad drank coffee while doing some random work—probably bills.

Madeleine just hummed as he thought. He didn't have great friends. All of them liked him for the fact he was the big masculine dude who could fight anybody. I mean, he didn't have good attributes, so it wasn't exactly unreasonable.

He did really like one person, but honestly, he didn't think he liked him back. He always seemed to be in his own world. To be fair, he seemed almost distressed and angry when Madeleine talked to him.

The waiter eventually came back to take orders. Everyone in the family ordered, then it came to Madeleine, "What can I get for ya, hun?" The cordial waiter asked. He simply shook his head, "Nothing for me."

"Get him some chicken or whatever."

"Salad."

"He needs something! Give him chicken, it's more protein than salad"

"It's unhealthy? Do you want our son obese??"

Back and forth it went. Madeleine's mom and dad argued. The waiter's head seem to dart back and forth. They slowly just slumped away, afraid of the conflict over simple food. "Now look! The waiter left. You should have just gotten something so he wouldn't feel awkward about this all."

Madeleine dipped his head down, "..Sorry" he really just didn't want to eat. Anytime he ordered anything, there was an argument. His dad was obsessed with keeping him healthy. Even though, what he did just made him want to starve to death.

"When is the last time you ate?" His mother asked. She never wanted them to argue, but she just wanted her son to eat something more than a fucking salad.

Madeleine shrugged, "Yesterday I had bowl of soup."

His mom started to yell at her husband, "Look at him! He can't even eat because you pressure him so much. Why the hell can't you just let him eat???"

His dad simply grunted and turned away. Poor Cream Puff, she probably didn't really understand why they always fought like this. Even if it was bad, Madeleine just learned to deal with the bickering.

Madeleine kept his head down until his parents decided to talk to him again. Or his sister. He wasn't very sure how to start a conversation with them on his own. He always started drama in the household.

"Madeleine. Have you been doing your reps?"

His dad always had to make sure he worked out. For some reason, he was so obsessed with Madeleine being his great predecessor or something... it's not like he wanted that anyway.

Madeleine shook his head, "No. I'm barely able to lift 15 kilos." He could tell how disappointed his dad was. Even worse, he could tell he was angry. His dad grumbled then gave the silent treatment to seemingly everyone in the household.

This always upset Madeleine. It was more often than the fighting he was just ignored. He tried to speak to his dad again, hoping this time he wouldn't ignore him for a long period of time, "I'm sorry. I'll work harder, I promise. I just need actual food." He paused, "could you respond to me please???"

His dad stared daggers at him, then turned his gaze away. Madeleine face turned to one of shock and sadness. Tears welded up in his eyes, "You always fucking do this... I'm just fucking property to you, aren't I??? I'm tired of this. If I can't be treated right, I don't want to be treated at all."

Madeleine pushed away from the table and stormed away. He left the restaurant in a fit of anger. And of all, he was sad. He was sad and disappointed he lived such a horrendous life. He lived so bad he couldn't eat or do anything for himself.

He didn't know where he was going but he went a far way. It was a busy street way with many alleys and roads that branched off. He passed many people, but all he could think was to get away. He just wanted to run away for ever, despite that not being plausible.

He ran into an alleyway, one far from most of the people. He broke down and started crying. He wanted everything to stop happing for just one second. He wanted to catch a grip on life and not be thrown into a spiraling pit of self hatred and sadness—just for once, He wanted to be loved and cherished.

Tears poured down his face. He cried out for help, to seemingly nobody. Nobody would hear him and nobody would help. Nobody would care and nobody would mind. Nobody would ever love or stay by his side—his own family wouldn't. And that hurt him.

A figure stood in front of him, blocking light that seeped through the main street. He looked a bit concerned, but had a mostly neutral face that didn't show much emotion. His eyebrows furrowed softly.

"Madeleine..?"