Chapter 2

Alex hid his head to avoid gazes from other peers and stood up. he shuffled his way to the door.

"Hello, Magnus. What would you like to talk to me about?" She eyed him and continued forward.

"You know you have been here for a while. It is now time to move you up to the next level in our system, now that you are 13."

Alex smiled in amazement. "W-what's the next level?"

Magnus grinned and said, "You, from now on, will be a member of the Halcon Army."

In true astonishment, Alex laughed and said, "Tthat's awesome! When do I start?"

Magnus sat down at the grand table. "You will start in a few days. However, there are some things to consider. You could die on the job."

"Yeah, but at least I'll die doing something I love." Magnus smiled. "Okay, we're done here. Meet me in the weaponry room tomorrow to meet your partner." Alex saluted, walked away from the table, and ran through the doorway. He jumped into his seat at his table along with Eddie.

"Now are you up for a round?" Eddie asked with a sign of frustration. Alex replied, "Not a chance, you pile of fake leg. I got recruited to the army!" Alex laughed at Eddie.

Eddie's mood turned depressed. "Don't make fun of me because I didn't make it in. You know that."

They both went back to eating, but Alex could barely wait for tomorrow. This is going to be awesome!

Song: WTF? - OK Go [WARNING: Explicit]