Making Things Right

"Hold it!", a familiar voice then called out.

Upon hearing this, both John and Vanilla opened their eyes and turned towards its source. Vanilla letting out a sigh as she turned down towards her shoes.

"Rosehip...", John muttered as he watched her slow from a jog to a slow walk towards him. With Darjeeling and Orange Pekoe following behind her.

As she approached, he could see the glint of tears in her eyes, a confused expression forming on his face as Vanilla stepped between them.

"I'm... Sorry... Both of you...", Vanilla muttered as tears ran down her face as she continued to stare down at her shoes. Her hands shook for a moment as she glanced up and gave John a forced smile, stopping for a moment next to rosehip to mutter something before continuing towards Darjeeling.

After letting out a slight gasp Rosehip nodded her head before looking up towards John with a smile. The pair both stepping towards each other and embracing in a tight hug.

As John held Rosehip tightly, he watched as Darjeeling and Orange Pekoe led Vanilla out of the room.

Once they were gone, he pulled back from her slightly and lifted her face from her chin.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhm", she responded as she let out another sniffle and rubbed the tears from her eyes.

"Rosehip I-", John then started, surprised as Rosehip held his hands in hers and gave them a slight squeeze.

"Darjeeling told me what Vanilla was trying to do... I'm so stupid...", Rosehip then muttered with a sigh.

"No, I'm the stupid one, if I'd realized how she felt to begin with this would never have happened"

Hearing this, Rosehip raised her head and let out another sigh as she slowly let go of his hands.

"And then maybe you two would have...", She started with a quivering lip.

"N-No! I-I've always liked you and only you", John frantically responded. His heart rate shooting up at Rosehip's tone as thoughts rushed through his head.

"I... Really like you too but..."

"W-What?", John asked in a shaky voice as she bit her lip.

"Why were you two about to kiss as we came in?"

John let out a sigh at her words, feeling his heart sink again.

"I-I don't know, she was crying and pouring her heart out to me and I just got caught up in the moment...", John muttered in response, not knowing what to say.

"I... I swear you're the only person I love Rosehip", he added. Lowering his head and letting out another sigh.

"I... See...", Rosehip muttered softly in response.

"I think I... Need some time alone to think things over...", Rosehip added as she began to slowly walk towards the door.

"Okay...", John responded as he watched her walk out. Tears forming in his eyes as fear filled his heart.

---Timeskip---

Rosehip let out a sigh as she leaned against her crusader, a contemplative expression on her face as she looked off into the distance.

"I thought I'd find you here"

Rosehip let out a gasp as she turned and saw who had spoken.

"Vanilla? What are you doing here?", She asked as Vanilla approached and leaned against the side of the tank.